Pulling Left

ILoveMyPatty

A year ago my drivers front tire came off while driving down a dirt road. My rotor and LCA slammed into the road, digging a 3" deep trench... I put my spare on, and drove it home, which was only about a mile away. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. I figured I was really lucky nothing got messed up.

It has been parked ever since, because I couldn't afford new tires and insurance. Now I have put new tires and wheels on, and insured it. I took it for a little cruise today after bleeding my brakes to test them out, and noticed that she's pulling pretty hard to the left. Definitely not what I was wanting.

Not too sure what it is at this point, but it seems possible that the LCA link that goes back to the frame may be the issue. Seems as though the bushings at the frame (that I had replaced the day my tire came off) are quite compressed. My thinking is that the link was allowed to move rearward, producing somewhat of a "toe-out" type alignment on that side. Not sure, but that bushing needs replacing now. I will replace it and see if there's any change. Keep ya updated!

Oh, and pics to come of the new shoes and stereo installation.

15x8 Black Daytona's with 31x10.50 Goodyear Wrangler Territories. Looks good.

Could t hurt to give the steering all a good once over too... Make sure you didn't kill a TRE or anything... Maby even pull it up on an allignmet rack :shrug:

Oh and make sure you got the same air pressure in both front tires... That will cause some pulling :aok:

Aye, I'll check out my steering and TRE's. Tire pressure should be the same, I just got them from a tire shop. I haven't checked, but I'm sure they're good. Hopefully it isn't something with the LCA itself... that could get expensive.

Everything was perfect before the wheel came off. Torsion bars are equal. The LCA link that goes back to the frame is the culprit I think. The drivers side is about 3/8" further towards the rear of my Pathy, which would give it the "toe-out" and explain pulling left (in my opinion)... Gonna get my buddy to weld me some cups onto my fram for my new bushings to fit into, because the hole in the frame is pretty big (from the previous bushings being worn to nothing).

We shall see if it fixes it. Wont have an update for a bit though, they have to order the part in.

Oh it's gonna get fixed. I go to work tonight for 5 days so I wont have any time to work on it but it should be going soon. I'll pick up some washers and some pipe that's close to the diameter of the bushing so my buddy can weld some cups for my frame. Should have it goin' in a little over a week.

There was a recent thread about fixing that with bearing races. Just tossing that out there, and I don't know if that is the whole problem or a symptom, but that certainly is not right!!

B