Intake?

Okay now the top pic looks like the JWT pop chager and filter. WTF is the lower pic of?

Looks like part of the POP charger where you connect the cone filter.

What do you do with that one little hose that connected to the airbox? I have an intake I made with some random nissan MAF adapter, and I just put a little nipple in the back of the filter for the hose to connect to. Is it kind of the same on the JWT?

Jose

LOL. Just fine! There's lots of folks here whose R50 knowledge equals or surpasses my own, so I'm free to lurk now! :D

Hehe i dunno if anyones knowledge surpasses yours, but I know how you feel when the same questions & answers keep coming back up year after year!

Fueler did you notie a gain of any sorts when you put this on?

I did notice a snappier throttle response but i can't really say i felt any power gains like on the freeway. but then again, i've got the weak 3.3L with 31.5" tires so thinking about power on the freeway is a joke in itself.

The good part about the filter is that it's washable and re-usable - combined with the small MPG increase, a intake like this essentially pays itself off within a few years. It's smart to buy one of these if you're in it for the long run.

What do you do with that one little hose that connected to the airbox? I have an intake I made with some random nissan MAF adapter, and I just put a little nipple in the back of the filter for the hose to connect to. Is it kind of the same on the JWT?

Jose

I don't know where that hose goes to. I tried to follow it but it disappears under the intake manifold. I think it *might* have to do with cruise control but i could't really tell ya. But yeah the JWT has a nipple for that hose. If you look at my second picture, you can see a small hole on the right side of the venturi.

Edited by FUELER

For what its worth, I had the JWT Pop charger paired with a metal pipe from an ebay kit that replaced the stock "S" tube. I had this setup for a few years until I just replaced the filter recently.

I just replaced the filter with a K&N cone filter that is pretty much identical to the JWT Pop Charger.

Part #RC-2960XD, Universal X-Stream Clamp-on Air Filter.

Damn - more old schoolers showing up!!! Whats up Dankman!

thanks for the K&N part number. Except the Jim wolf one is open ended - does the K&N have an open end or closed end?

41qvFt3zwqL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

vs

knn-rc-2960xd_w.jpg

Yo FUELER! Yeah I been around but just lurkin. lol

Funny my JWT didn't have an open end like your pic. It looked identical to the K&N but with blue filter.

edit: both of mine were closed end.

Edited by DJ Dank