R50 Front Struts Topping Out With Ac Kit

mike

I installed the AC lift SKU: SPBDPKG6 last year form 4x4parts.com . The Front Struts will topipng out and not bottom out.

Any one know how to fix this?

Should the kit be doing this?

What can I do?

How many more people have the same issue .

Don't worry. It's normal. Most kits do this. You'll get used to it. You could always go to a local 4x4 shop and get limiting straps if you REALLY don't want to hear it.

Jose

Don't worry. It's normal. Most kits do this. You'll get used to it. You could always go to a local 4x4 shop and get limiting straps if you REALLY don't want to hear it.

Jose

So Will the Struts fail over time .

Mine topped out quite a bit when I first got the lift... and over a few months as it settled, I only topped out of I went over speed bumps or pot holes too fast. Years later, now that it's all sagged, it's all quiet.

Pretty sad we lift our trucks to have to slow down with the Honda Civics to go over speed bumps. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Yes..same here... and I don't know how long it takes to sag or if AC did a newer version of their springs, but mine after a full year, tops out as much as day 1... So for me, there is no hesitation, i will be installing soon some limiting straps...

Same here on the passenger side... what does this limiting strap do?

limits the travel to prevent the strut to top... so it's basically two hooks with a trap in the middle... The strap takes the hit instead of the strut. Limit%20Strap%20Kit.jpg

limits the travel to prevent the strut to top... so it's basically two hooks with a trap in the middle... The strap takes the hit instead of the strut. Limit%20Strap%20Kit.jpg

OK dose any one have pic of the limiting strap install on the strut of the pathfinder.

I notice my passenger side top out more than the driver. Does anyone else have the same scenario?

You're weighing down the driver side? :chairfall::hide:

• Like 1

You're weighing down the driver side? :chairfall::hide:

I assumed that was the reason, between me and the fuel tank being on that side it would make sense. I just wanted to know if anybody else had the same issue. Thanks!

I assumed that was the reason, between me and the fuel tank being on that side it would make sense. I just wanted to know if anybody else had the same issue. Thanks!

I'm just guessing, and half joking... I don't really know. It could be possible.

• 2 years later...