2 Questions From A Newby

tropicana

I want to know if 31/10.5/r15 will fit on stock chrome rims, if yes will i need spacers?, i am planing getting it lifted by cranking 2" on the from and 1.5" coil space on the real to level it up.

is it hard to change the right front CV joint will i need special tools or just get it to the mechanic?

do you mean stock chrome Nissan wheels? if so according to the FSM they are 15 x 6", the recommended wheel width for a 31/10.50/15 is 7 to 9 inches, as for the CV joint you can buy the complete CV axle for about $60 ( I just looked it up on local auto parts site), I don't think it would be that hard to do if you have some clue on what you are doing, I would recommend downloading the factory service manual for your truck and reading over the instructions, if it's not something you are comfortable doing see if anyone on here is close to where you live or take it to a mechanic. Where do you live??

im from quebec city, damn rims would be so expensive i just spend 600$ on these tires, i know im dumb and didnt check if it would fit first but im sure it can fit some ppl are streching low profile tires on some volkswagen and its way off rim/tire spec

Thanks a lot dude that almost ruined my day as i was really excited about those tires on my chromies!!! its Goodyear Wrangler territory from canadian tire they were cheap 4895-wrangler-territory.jpg less than 600$, do you think i need to lift the truck a lot for these to fit well??

Yes, recommended. It's mainly due to how much the sidewall bulges or balloons when fitting a wider tire on to a thinner rim. It doesn't really pose any problems with a set up like yours though.

As for the CV, how mechanically inclined are you? About the only special tool it requires is snap ring pliers. Jack up the truck and support it on Jack stands and remove the wheel. Remove the hub with an allen wrench, remove the snap ring on the stub of the axel shaft, put a jack under the lower control arm (just snug), undo the tie rod end at the spindle, undo the bottom bolt on the shock, unbolt the upper ball joint, unbolt the CV from the diff, and pull the CV out. Install in the reverse, it is a good time to replace any worn ball joints too.

The new tires are now on on the smalls 6 inches wide chrome wheels and it fit perfectly, but when i hit a huge bump while off-roading the wheel get all the way into the fender and hit the the plastic inner and 2 screw/bolts that are there. is there a way to crank the bars more than the maximum? i didn't cranked it to the max but i know i ain't far from it. And i will need to level up the rear do you know where to get a coil spacer bushing that would fit under the rear coils so i can get at least 1" or 1.5" max. i know some other coils can fit but i have no idea were to get them none in my local junkyard.

ill try to crank it up a little more and get this beast aligned.

thanks for the reply about the CV i check that soon but I'm attending a local car show this weekend so i can't put a lot of time on it. i will also have to change a front caliper that is leaking from the piston.

Check your lower bump stops if you are stuffing the wheel to much up front. I know my stockers fell off, so I bought some bolt in ones. Here is a pic from when I changed the broken boot on my CV (have to completely remove it to do so), you can see what all is apart, and where the bump stop is:

Nis0813002.jpg

The new tires are now on on the smalls 6 inches wide chrome wheels and it fit perfectly, but when i hit a huge bump while off-roading the wheel get all the way into the fender and hit the the plastic inner and 2 screw/bolts that are there. is there a way to crank the bars more than the maximum? i didn't cranked it to the max but i know i ain't far from it. And i will need to level up the rear do you know where to get a coil spacer bushing that would fit under the rear coils so i can get at least 1" or 1.5" max. i know some other coils can fit but i have no idea were to get them none in my local junkyard.

ill try to crank it up a little more and get this beast aligned.

thanks for the reply about the CV i check that soon but I'm attending a local car show this weekend so i can't put a lot of time on it. i will also have to change a front caliper that is leaking from the piston.

Besides just cranking them you can re index them if you are still clear of the bump stops, I am attaching a link of a wright up on how to do this.re index

Hope that helps.