94 Drivers Window Switch Question

ahardb0dy

Took the drivers side window switch apart today, problem I'm having is the pass. rear window won't do anything either from the drivers front switch or the pass. door switch, well that's not entirely true it did roll down one time from the drivers front switch but wouldn't roll back up, I had to pull the door panel and run power to the motor directly to get the window back up. Anyway took the drivers front switch apart today and armed with my test light found that I have power going thru the contacts for the pass. rear window ( in the drivers front switch I mean) but still don't get a response from the window. Don't think it's likely there is a break in the wire but in the FSM it shows a circuit breaker before each power window motor, does anyone know if this breaker trips if it is the auto resettable type? or does it have to be replaced?? At the junkyard the drivers front switch must be just as popular as the glove box latch cause I haven't seen either one yet. I know there is a power window amp inside the pass. side kick panel but haven't taken that out yet to take it apart. Anyone have any ideas before I need to find a new switch? Thanks all.

They should reset themselves, however, it's possible the connections at the breaker are corroded. I had it happen to the drivers window in my old truck. I simply cut back the wire to a good spot, and put a fuse in place of the breaker.

The power amplifier only effects the circuit for the driver window. It controls the auto down feature.

If you need a driver side switch, I have a good used one with a very nice clean bezel.

my old pathfinder had this problem i have to clean all the contacts on the switches to make them work right also you need to have make sure both swithces are plugged in when your testing if they arent then they wont work at all.

both switches were plugged in, I guess I'll have to pull the rear door panel again and do some troubleshooting inside the door, maybe follow the harness back a little. Maybe the motor took a crap