Total Chaos Fab Uca's

slade420

Wow, didn't know TC was doing anything for older models.

i just shot them an email. to get some info on them and other nissan hardbody parts they might carry. i got a little excited when i seen them.

P.S. Happy 4/20 everyone :fireworx:

they say they offer more than what they show, so fingers crossed... download the pdf catalog...theres a bit more stuff in there, but we'll see what they have when they return my email

replacing the stock upper control arms let's you crank the torsion bars slightly more for more lift and still maintain some downward travel of the suspension, the tubular design incorporates a different angle where the ball joint sits, which helps in re-aligning the front end. If you crank the torsion bars to get more lift using the stock upper control arms as you raise the front end the control arm get's closer to the bump stop. Once the arm is sitting up against the bump stop you have no downward travel of the suspension, and also raising the front end that much provides a very firm ride.

replacing the stock upper control arms let's you crank the torsion bars slightly more for more lift and still maintain some downward travel of the suspension, the tubular design incorporates a different angle where the ball joint sits, which helps in re-aligning the front end. If you crank the torsion bars to get more lift using the stock upper control arms as you raise the front end the control arm get's closer to the bump stop. Once the arm is sitting up against the bump stop you have no downward travel of the suspension, and also raising the front end that much provides a very firm ride.

Makes sense, I guess I need these, I'm on the bump stops :lol:

Doesnt TC make hard core off road racing kits for IFS trucks?

Yes. It's VERY expensive, but offers like 13" of travel on IFS front end. There's a whole slew of parts that have to be replaced with that kit.

Makes sense, I guess I need these, I'm on the bump stops :lol:

other things I have seen people do is to cut the factory bump stops to make them lower or to replace the stock bump stops with a low profile one from companies such as energy suspension, but you really would be better with the aftermarket UCA's

i might be wrong, but arent the UCA's in the calmini 2wd lift the same as the UCA's in their 4x4 lift kit?

they may be but the 4x4 strut rod goes towards the rear and the 2wd goes towards the front so I guess that's why a 2wd and 4wd kit would be different

2wd and 4wd Pathfinders use the same UCA, LCA, etc., unlike the 2wd HB.

2wd and 4wd Pathfinders use the same UCA, LCA, etc., unlike the 2wd HB.

Ok, and I verified it before I wrote the reply, except I looked in the truck FSM, that's my 15 year truck background showing for ya

no worries

The factory service manual is pretty limited. When i got my D21 last fall, i lucked out, it came with a Hayne's repair manual. thumbsup.gif

thanks grim

Awesome, well its good to know they will work.

i wrote them an email and got bad news.....

Yep - nothing available for 4WD - sorry! My guy thought you were inquiring about 2WD - duh? Sorry about that - and as far as we know, there really is nobody out there doing Hardbody 4x4 components. You might Cal Mini's @ (909) 622-1381. Thank you, KARTEK OFF-ROAD.

:stickwack:

2 good 2 be true

Edited by slade420