Lift

cullen

is a lift really as hard on the front end as ive read.i want to lift mine with jgc springs but i need more imput

Front lift is just cranking the torsion bars, if you have enough adjustment in the adjusters you are fine and done easy. If not, then you have to back of the adjusters completely and reindex them on the torsion bar end (look for the write up(s)).

re-indexed my torsion bars as the previous owner's neighbor took them out when they swapped the engine and transmission, guess the neighbor had no clue as to what he was doing as one side had 1/2" of clearance between the UCA and the bumpstop and on the other side the UCA was sitting on the bumpstop, check out my pics below for the before and after,

this was how it looked before I bought it, notice even without the flare there is like no clearance between the tire and fender:

15grzwl.jpg

this is after re-indexing the bars, notice now the flare is on and how much clearance there is:

r27wxz.jpg

I think I raised the front a little too high but it should settle anyway

cleaned the wheels with a toothbrush some wheel cleaner that was lying around and re-painted the center caps,

I like posting pictures,LOL

before:

xcvip1.jpg

after:

zj87pc.jpg

yes those are 2 wheel drive fenders on it in the first pic, my buddy took the 4 wd fenders off he was going to use them on one of his low riders until I told him to put them back before I would buy the truck, and that is another pathfinder in the background, a 93 that he bought when the engine took a crap in the now mine 94

Edited by ahardb0dy