My "other" Nissan

ahardb0dy

here are a few pics of my other Nissan, a 1990 Sentra E model that is now other than the engine equivalent to a later SE-R:

11l7p1f.jpg

tach gauge cluster I swapped in with pulsar steering wheel

104oynq.jpg

replacing the dash pad, not for the faint at heart!!

211w02.jpg

23mvjv7.jpg

under hood, painted valve cover, large air horn on the right now located somewhere else

ivj1xt.jpg

new OEM surplus sport seat cushions with matching door panels, also has new blue carpet

118ja6g.jpg

looking toward drivers side, also in pic momo shadow shift knob

2wbzrdl.jpg

15x7 wheels with 195/50/15 falken tires, major upgrade from the stock 13's!! not seen, pulsar SE (thicker) sway bars with custom made urethane bushings

2nldcee.jpg

new location of large airhorn pointing down next to battery:

33n8bx0.jpg

custom (by me) 110 amp alternator swap from a maxima, stock was 70 amp

14bubfb.jpg

gauges I mounted below the radio

mjsegz.jpg

axe4jc.jpg

autometer air pressure gauge for air horn in custom mount, gauge now sits upright

fzarnd.jpg

air tank in trunk for air horn

25qulj9.jpg

the trunk, 2 precision power (old school) amps sitting on top of a kicker brand box running as a sub with 2 12's, not seen kicker 3 way crossover

14t96s4.jpg

I'm not big on "80's" interiors. But that doesn't look too bad.

The window/greenhouse on that looks really tall. If it was a little sleeker I'd like it more. But it's not bad looking. Guess cause I don't see these too often.

car is a 90 but the sport seats would have been found in a 88 sentra hatchback, a lot better than how it was when I got it, here's a couple pics for comparison:

right after I bought it for $580!!

10o4shc.jpg

stock interior

242h1ep.jpg

it was supposed to be a temp vehicle as I was getting rid of my 2001 dakota 4x4 (that replaced my 87 Hardbody 4x4, mistake that was!!!), I needed to find a car in 2 days to get to work and I limited my search to Nissan's cause that's what I like and am familiar with. The sentra was to be just a car to drive until I found another Nissan 4x4 pickup but couldn't find the one I wanted reasonably priced, just recently got my 94 pathfinder from a co-worker, it needed an engine and also got it for $500.

Edited by ahardb0dy

the only wing I actually like is a BMW style like this one, but with just getting my 94 pathfinder it's not in the budget as all extra funds are going into the pathfinder:

2dgme4k.jpg

it's a good little car (it's a Nissan after all !!), I drive fast(for a 90HP sentra, lol), beat the hell out of it, the short throw shifter, upgraded sway bars with urethane bushings, (hell it didn't even have a front sway bar when I bought it that's how basic it was), plus 2 upgrade on the wheels and tires, still return 31 MPG and it has 218K miles on the original engine!! Just have to install the lowering coils I bought for it 2 years ago and get some new struts. I got a K&N Apollo cold air filter kit for it a few x-mas's ago but haven't installed yet, it might find it's way on to the pathfinder.

Edited by ahardb0dy

2 precision power (old school) amps

HELL YES! I love these old PP amps, arguably THE BEST amps produced, best of all they are made in the USA. You really can't beat them, nothing produced nowadays can come close to the quality of these units.

the amp on the left is a 2200 I bought new in 91, had it updated once by PPI, it is a dual mono design 200 x 2 and powers my 2 -12's, the amp on the right I bought off e-bay a few years ago, it is one of the rarer one's which has the digital crossover built in with 2 presets that is controlled by a separate controller which connects to the amp thru a fiber optic cable, (no noise), kind of ahead of their time for when it was introduced. The problem for me was finding the controller which took over a year, than having fiber optic cables made up. the right amp is 50x2 and 75x2, model 5075dx

the only wing I actually like is a BMW style like this one, but with just getting my 94 pathfinder it's not in the budget as all extra funds are going into the pathfinder:

2dgme4k.jpg

it's a good little car (it's a Nissan after all !!), I drive fast(for a 90HP sentra, lol), beat the hell out of it, the short throw shifter, upgraded sway bars with urethane bushings, (hell it didn't even have a front sway bar when I bought it that's how basic it was), plus 2 upgrade on the wheels and tires, still return 31 MPG and it has 218K miles on the original engine!! Just have to install the lowering coils I bought for it 2 years ago and get some new struts. I got a K&N Apollo cold air filter kit for it a few x-mas's ago but haven't installed yet, it might find it's way on to the pathfinder.

Damit,I was just going to say that it kinda looks like a old bmw and one of there spoilers wouldnt look so bad on it...

Damit,I was just going to say that it kinda looks like a old bmw and one of there spoilers wouldnt look so bad on it...

lol, I think that is an M1 style wing if I'm not mistaken

last night while I was going thru mudding pics from this guys site, I saw a PT cruiser on like 44's or maybe military axles

you will have to go thru all the galleries but there are some good pics in here, redneck girls too!!

http://billpruittphotography.smugmug.com/

yes it's a craftsman air tank, I had a smaller tank that a friend welded up for me, (pc. of steam pipe with ends welded on it), but a coworker gave me a gift card for sears so I bought that tank. I installed the air horns and system myself, I'm using a compressor I got from the junk yard, they are found in GM cars that have factory rear leveling shocks, cheap and plentiful, down here about $26, the tubing I got from the local Mack truck dealer, the fittings are available everywhere, only thing you really have to buy is the electric solenoid (valve), a tank, and the horn

yes it's a craftsman air tank, I had a smaller tank that a friend welded up for me, (pc. of steam pipe with ends welded on it), but a coworker gave me a gift card for sears so I bought that tank. I installed the air horns and system myself, I'm using a compressor I got from the junk yard, they are found in GM cars that have factory rear leveling shocks, cheap and plentiful, down here about $26, the tubing I got from the local Mack truck dealer, the fittings are available everywhere, only thing you really have to buy is the electric solenoid (valve), a tank, and the horn

Dam I didn't know it was that easy, I was looking at air horn kit's on the net and they are 200+. Ill have to put that stuff down on my Junkyard list.

it all depends on what you buy and how you want to set them up, regular air horn kits consist of a compressor with a pressure switch that lets the compressor turn on when the tank pressure drops to a set pressure than shuts it off when it reaches a set pressure, a tank, a horn, tubing, fittings an air gauge and depending on if you want manual control the kit may have a pull chain type valve ( only good if the horn is on the roof), or an electric solenoid if you want to be able to blow thge horn using the stock horn button or a separate push button.

I don't have the pressure switch so I have to turn the compressor on and off when the tank needs more pressure, I have my compressor wired using 2 separate relays inline, these compressors from the GM cars (also available in some ford cars but have no experience, using them) have a vent feature which when installed in the car with rear leveling shocks allow the compressor to lose pressure when the load is removed from the trunk.