Something For Any Old Timers On Here

ahardb0dy

just noticed this, this should answer the question on whether or not AC parts took over from Jim Connor Racing, notice the background, the truck the parking lot:

from JCR catalog:

from 4x4 parts web site:

rkxxtw.jpg

and since JCR was around BEFORE 4x4 parts..........

That could have just been a stock photo use4d by AC... that was done with 88pathoffroad's truck here, too.

ok, that makes sense as I have instructions (that I did not scan) that were mailed to me from JCR for a shock kit and it says Desert Steel on the top of the page

Oh, I e-mailed Jim Connor Racing last night

here:

http://www.jimconnerracing.com/Home.html

Edited by ahardb0dy

I know Goodyear doesn't make my tires any more, but I didn't expect to see the Original Wrangler M/T to be in a catalog from 1988.

think that was about when they were first introduced, I know they were priced very expensive at the time

think that was about when they were first introduced, I know they were priced very expensive at the time

I've got what has to be one of the last remaining sets of 35x12.50x15. And I'm having a lot of trouble finding a matching spare.

I've got what has to be one of the last remaining sets of 35x12.50x15. And I'm having a lot of trouble finding a matching spare.

here's a set of brand new 35 MT/r's for sale still have the stickers on them

http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/1701609864.html

oops just noticed they have a different tread, oh well, I tried

Edited by ahardb0dy

I have 2 stage JC Tbars on my 87!

and I wish I could try them

are they the same as ome? probably made by one company and stamped under different brand names

Far from it, the JC Tbars were actually 4 bars. (2 bars, 1 short & 1 long end to end on each side) this created a varible rate or progressive rate Tbar. the short bars were stiffer to prevent bottoming and the long bars were softer to maintain a more comfortable ride. I think they are the first and only progressive rate Tbar I have ever seen.

Edited by MY1PATH

the 2 stage bars I had in my 87 worked very well in fact one time 4 wheeling the whole pass. side front fell, I though the torsion bar broke, turned out I split the lower control arm where the bar mounts, the only thing stopping the front end from dropping all the way was the secondary adjuster on the torsion bar.

• 4 weeks later...

are they the same as ome? probably made by one company and stamped under different brand names

not OME...

DSCN3188.jpg

DSCN3181.jpg

and I wish I could try them

Far from it, the JC Tbars were actually 4 bars. (2 bars, 1 short & 1 long end to end on each side) this created a varible rate or progressive rate Tbar. the short bars were stiffer to prevent bottoming and the long bars were softer to maintain a more comfortable ride. I think they are the first and only progressive rate Tbar I have ever seen.

my JC bars are 2 bars but the splines broached in 1/3 of the way up the bars...I don't have any pix of them but i'm probably about to pull them and put in some calmini bars and see which setup I like more.