Ottawa Area Truck Work Meet

Northernpathy

I thought I would throw this out there for guys in the Ottawa and surrounding area.

I am thinking of having a truck work meet at my shop either this weekend or the next.

I have a large shop which can hold up to three pathys at a time to work on. The shop also has a large compressor, tons of air tools, power tools, a large toolbox, professional mig welder, plasma cutter, torches, floor jacks, etc, etc.

Pretty much a fully equipped shop. The only thing I do not have is a vehicle lift. But I do have floor jacks and stands which can easily help get your tires off the ground ;)

I thought this might be useful for the guys who either do not have the tools to fix up their trucks, or simply don't know how and need help getting things done. It can really help having a proper shop where there is enough room to work on pretty much anything you need to.

I am not asking for anything in return other than trying to help others that need a hand and that you bring any parts you might need. I don't mind people using a few little things here and there (ie. someone needs some wire, a nut and bolt, or a small piece of metal to fix something), but I don't want to start using up all my parts in my shop on other peoples trucks. Just make sure to stop off at Canadian Tire, NAPA, Princess Auto, or where ever you need to go before you drop by ;)

You don't need something big to fix or work on. It could be as simple as changing the oil on the truck.

Anyone interested?

Edited by Northernpathy

Depending on the response we could likely do it both this and next weekend. Naturally not everyone is free when you want them to be.

I plan on being there all this saturday doing some fabrication on my truck (new front kid plate and side sliders) so I might as well have some other people there to chat with and help at the same time ;)

Might order some pizza as well to help fuel the workers :D

I don't really need any help myself, as I have worked on bigger things by myself before. I just thought that since I have lots of space and equipment available, I might as well let people who need it use it ;)

Like I said before, I am not interesting in anything for me. Just thought I would help out others when I can.

Anyways, it is more fun when others are working with you!

Only thing I don't recommend is anyone bringing kids. We will be working with power tools and other equipment, and as we all know, for that one second you are not watching them, they will likely get into something they shouldn't ;)

Edited by Northernpathy

Thanks ALOT for the generous offer Northern! I may be doing a roofing job this weekend if the weather holds up, so I have some cash for the trip and a treat for the wife to be fair :takebow: . I may be able to come down if the weather doesn't agree with being on a bare roof! I think the only thing I was pondering, was to find some way to add a couple inches of height in the rear suspension, as I bumped up my front torsion bars tonight to level the truck out, as it was diving a bit in the front passenger side. The trip last weekend took a bit of a beating on my new exhaust, but no leaks! SO I was also thinking of making a skid plate to protect the Y-Pipe as well. I have some steel for that ;)

Nonetheless, THANKS!!! :beer:

80% chance of rain on Saturday, so come on over ;)

We will be in a nice dry shop working on the trucks.

Even if no one decides to come over I will still be working on the truck.

Depending on the turn out, I will likely do it again next weekend for the others that couldn't go this weekend.

Edited by Northernpathy

Weather man still says there is an 80% chance of rain on Saturday and now 70% on Sunday. But the shop will be nice and dry ;)

I am going to Princess Auto tomorrow to pickup a few little things. If you are coming to the meet and need something at PA but can't get to PA, let me know and I can see about picking it up for you.

Pizza will be on the menu for lunch ;)

Hey Northern and other Ottawa area Pathy owners,

My apologies in advance for going a little off topic.

I'm in Barrie (45 mins north or Toronto). I have some broken exhaust studs and new Pacesetter headers to go on this summer but I'm quite an amateur in my mechanical skills; just starting out w/ career and marriage so no extra funds to pay someone to do it.

Does anyone in the Ottawa area have any experience with broken stud removal/header install? I'd be willing to travel up there one weekend if Northern could free up his shop and someone gives me a hand...beer and food on me all weekend of course. Just an idea, let me know what you guys think...

Mike

Edited by Punkfinder

Does anyone in the Ottawa area have any experience with broken stud removal/header install? I'd be willing to travel up there one weekend if Northern could free up his shop and someone gives me a hand...beer and food on me all weekend of course. Just an idea, let me know what you guys think...

Mike

You are more than welcome to come down on a prearranged weekend to work on the headers, etc. I have removed 4 or 5 manifolds of Pathfinders and many other vehicles as well :aok: I have removed quite a few broken studs too! I am sure we could figure out the headers as well

I know magregor here has done it. He can give you a few pointers! Also I'm sure we could find a weekend to help you out!

Us O'Town members are always willing to help out in anyway we can :beer:

Was a good meet I think. Got a lot of work done.

I didn't take a good picture of the Pathys in the shop. But here one of the three inside non the less.

DSC03246.jpg

Might just do it again next weekend for those that missed it this weekend.

Was a good meet I think. Got a lot of work done.

Might just do it again next weekend for those that missed it this weekend.

Damn I wish I was able to make it today Northern... But by the time my wife got her ass outta bed and then she had to go to work today. She didn't get home until 2:30 and then the obligatory "family dinner" we have on the weekends...I hope there will be another next weekend! I did get alot done to my truck today, here at home, but there is a couple things that I would like to finish (skid plate for Y-Pipe for one!).

Glad you guys had a good time :friday:

Yeah it's too bad you couldn't make it, Mike. I hope he has another one next weekend as well as I would like to do some body work and fix my rear brakes. Though I am SO glad I did the ball joints, what a difference!

Edit: Pics!

IMG_0804.jpg

IMG_0797.jpg

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0790.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

Edited by adamzan