Those With Merlot Pearl Colored Pathys..

iPath

Took the pathy out camping this weekend, was great. Went with 2 friends, all our supplies and fishing poles fit in well. Not to mention the place we went has some rough terrain, got around fine. Was also nice being able to pull out the plastic floor mat in the trunk and wash it down. :)

was going to suggest going to tirerack.com, if you enter your truck info it will let you see what different wheels and/or sizes would look like on your truck, they even have your model and color

I got a little over 15 mpg, with about a quarter of a tank highway miles. Do cold air intakes help with gas mileage anything noticeably? Debating getting the nismo spec intake they see for it. Although I think stepping on it just to hear the growl would negate any gas mileage increase :P

what exactly would a "tune-up" entail. Changing spark plugs, etc?

Yep, plugs, cap, rotor, on the basic end (coil and wires if you think you need em). Changing the air filter, cleaning the throttle body, clean the MAF, some fresh oil in the engine, fresh diff fluid, etc could also help. I've gotten up to 20mpg in my old 88 with the TBI, and 24mpg on my 93 MPI after doing tune ups. The normal for those are 15mpg for the 88, and 18mpg for my 93 (which is where they are now, time for me to do a tune up).

• 3 weeks later...

LOL

No!

15 mpg on a new VQ R50 is normal. You might wanna see how your air filter is doing but that's about it.

I have a MPFI VG30E and right now it averages at 19.5 mpg after a tune up. I confirmed this with the mileage on the GPS. (Filled up, reset the trip odometer, then filled up again and did some math.)

I've posted my experiences before but here goes. I've owned 5 VQ's, never in a Pathfinder though, and I've always found them to be a little thirsty. Not thirsty enough to make me wish I had another brand V-6, but enough to notice. IMO all that power and great throttle response comes at a price.