Inclinometer For Android Users

edicer2

Hey guys i was just on my droid looking for apps and came across one that was made by CNTC and it is a free inclinometer app that can be used on the droid and other android phones. It looks very similar to the inclinometers you buys buy off ebay except it has a picture of a xterra instead of the door pathy. It seemed to work fairly well. I might have to go out and get the window mount now :-)

Its called "CNTC Inclinometer" just look for it in the market.

http://www.androlib.com/android.application.bc-inclineoxterra-iEAj.aspx

Edited by edicer2

I believe there was one for the Iphone also. It was in a thread about 6 months ago and the general concensus was that it wasn't like the real thing. I personally wonder how the hell it works, I can't imagine the phones have gimble mounted gyroscopes... :shrug:

B

I believe there was one for the Iphone also. It was in a thread about 6 months ago and the general concensus was that it wasn't like the real thing. I personally wonder how the hell it works, I can't imagine the phones have gimble mounted gyroscopes... :shrug:

B

They have accelerometers inside of them. I'm not sure how accurate it would be as they are designed to measure sudden or drastic changes.

Yeah, they are like Wii or PS3 (six axis) controllers and can detect their orientation as well as movement in different directions.

Just like "real", ie analog ones, they are only "accurate" when completely stopped.

They have accelerometers inside of them. I'm not sure how accurate it would be as they are designed to measure sudden or drastic changes.

Ahh, ok, I didn't know that. I use accelerometers at work regularly, but I never considered that they would put them in phones!! Damn, the whole phone scene is getting wierd...

B