After Fuse Whereee Do I Loook

MTXaudioSYSTM

alright so i have no dash lights that come on and the fuse is fine, have tail lights, and a dome light. i was wondering where after the fuse would its next stop is. i pulled the dash out and the bulbs are fine.

i noticed i put a tad of a bigger fuse and im thinking i burnt something up but no sure where to look past the fuse.

thankss

Edited by MTXaudioSYSTM

• 1 month later...

alright so i have no dash lights that come on and the fuse is fine, have tail lights, and a dome light. i was wondering where after the fuse would its next stop is. i pulled the dash out and the bulbs are fine.

i noticed i put a tad of a bigger fuse and im thinking i burnt something up but no sure where to look past the fuse.

thankss

First thing I would check are the grounds. It looks like there are 6 or 7 of them for each gauge function.

Q#1 - do all of the warning lights come on when you turn on the key?

Q#2 - do the gauges work?

Electrical schematic shows that positive is a single lead that is "hot in start and run" with a 10 A fuse. (Wire is wht/blk)

If your fuse is ok then it could be in your key switch.

Coming from the ECCS there is a wht/blk on a 10A fuse that has in line with it a "lock-up cancel solenoid" for a/t.

It could be this solenoid.

Not sure if this is the same line that goes to the panel though (damn Chiltons manual).

Can anyone verify?

I also noticed that there is a "bulb check relay" that has a direct ground that you may want to check.

What you may want to try is buying one of those cheap inline fuse holders and , using a 10A fuse, jump the original positive feed and fuse block to power the panel.

If it works then you know it's your power feeding the fuse block.

If it doesn't then you know it's on the other side, possibly a bad ground or short circuit.

This is how I figured out my power window issue. And in the end I just left the cheap fuse line in to feed it.

Edited by sumguy67

First thing I would check are the grounds. It looks like there are 6 or 7 of them for each gauge function.

Q#1 - do all of the warning lights come on when you turn on the key?

Q#2 - do the gauges work?

Electrical schematic shows that positive is a single lead that is "hot in start and run" with a 10 A fuse. (Wire is wht/blk)

If your fuse is ok then it could be in your key switch.

Coming from the ECCS there is a wht/blk on a 10A fuse that has in line with it a "lock-up cancel solenoid" for a/t.

It could be this solenoid.

Not sure if this is the same line that goes to the panel though (damn Chiltons manual).

Can anyone verify?

I also noticed that there is a "bulb check relay" that has a direct ground that you may want to check.

What you may want to try is buying one of those cheap inline fuse holders and , using a 10A fuse, jump the original positive feed and fuse block to power the panel.

If it works then you know it's your power feeding the fuse block.

If it doesn't then you know it's on the other side, possibly a bad ground or short circuit.

This is how I figured out my power window issue. And in the end I just left the cheap fuse line in to feed it.

all the lights come on when u turn the key, all the lights stay on until i turn on the head or parking lights and the gauges work all the time

all the lights come on when u turn the key, all the lights stay on until i turn on the head or parking lights and the gauges work all the time

Ok... the headlight (all outer lights really) are also fed by a 10A fuse on wht/blk wire that includes a route through the "inhibitor switch" (a/t).

Not sure if this is the same lead (again manual not clear) but if it is then the problem may be with the shifter electrical.

This, because, there seems to be a connection between the "lock-up cancel solenoid" and the "back-up switch".

Is the truck A/T?

This all assuming I'm reading the elec dia correctly.

You should know that I went into mechanical eng tech because electrical stuff and I didn't agree. HA!

I'd look at the dimmer again too......