94 Pathfinder No Power To Adjustable Shock Button

ahardb0dy

Hello, just picked up this 94 pathfinder from a co-worker, I had a JDM engine swapped in and am trying to sort out some problems. This post is about the switch for the adjustable shocks. I doubt the shocks even still work as they are probably original, my friend wasn't known to be real good on doing maintenance on this truck. Anyway, I'm not getting anything when I press the rocker switch either way, it's possible a bulb in the switch may be out and will check that today but I removed the switch from the harness and am not getting any power at any of the terminals on the harness side. Anyone ever experience this problem? THANKS

shocks are the adjustable type, it's not a big deal if the switch doesn't work, I'll probably replace them with a normal set eventually. In my 87 Hardbody, don't know about now but back in the day when they first came out Rancho did not make the 3 way adjustable shocks for the fronts of the Nissan pickup or pathfinder's, but the funny thing was that Gabriel ( who made the shocks for Rancho at the time) had the 3 way adjustable shocks for the fronts of the Nissan trucks, and those are the ones I had in mine, plus the Gabriel's came with urethane bushings, the rancho's they were seperate.

The Nissan OEM replacement shocks are about $160 each net and probably listed for close to $300 each. Most people couldn't really justify spending that much on replacement shocks when there were better alternatives for less money.

About the only thing I use my Sport setting for is really gusty windy days on the interstate. You know those days when it feels like you are driving a D21 pickup with a garden shed strapped on the back. It seems to offer a little more stability. The rest of the time sport just makes it ride rougher with no upside.

My XE non-adjustable shocks felt like my SE adjustable ones in sport mode all the time lol.

A good way to test it is have someone bounce the back of the truck while you toggle the switch. They will feel it stiffen or soften depending on the position.

• 2 weeks later...

was under the truck yesterday, all the shocks are the factory adjustable type, I pushed down on the rear bumper and the rear of this truck moves up and down very easily, didn't notice if it kept bouncing after I stopped

well today I tried pressing on each setting of the shock switch and pushing down on the rear bumper and I can say now that I can def. feel a difference between sport and comfort !! What a difference sport makes. Well at least I know they work so the light in the switch must be out. thanks