New Member From Central Florida

ahardb0dy

Hello all, Just found this forum thru a link on another Nissan Forum. About me, 44 years old originally from Long Island New york, had a 87 Nissan 4X4 pickup king cab SE-V6 that I bought new up in NY, went 4 wheeling almost every day of the week in NY. Used to work at a 4 wheel drive shop (The Truck Shop) and broke and repaired stuff that most people will never break on their truck in their life's, LOL. I'm a Nissan man having owned a 80 Datsun 310GX before my 87 Hardbody, hardbody also being my CB handle and ahardb0dy which I use as my forum name on most forums. So first Nissan was the 310GX, than the 87 hardbody I owned for 14 years thru 2 engines, one being a JDM engine, the 87 had a 160 amp alternator in it from Wrangler, I had a 3" body lift,2" suspension, most parts were from JIM CONNOR RACING now closed down, truck originally had 35" BFG mud terrains on it with a triple double roll bar. Now living in Central Florida about 20 minutes North of Orlando, I now have a 90 Nissan Sentra, a 2005 Nissan Titan SE 2 WD and just picked up a 94 Nissan Pathfinder from a co-worker, it's a 4X4 SE model, auto trans ( for now), and I just had a JDM motor swapped in as the motor in it was shot. I'm working on the pathfinder day by day to bring it back to life, it's 90% done, it runs and drives just have a few small problems, a few I will post here about. Well that's it for now, glad to be a member here and hope my years of experience with the D21 pickup can help someone out. I also have the NISSAN FAST system on my computer and have access to all the models, US, JDM and Europe if anyone needs anything looked up. Thanks

here are some pics of my new to me 94 Nissan Pathfinder:

24uxo35.jpg

after I re-indexed the torsion bars

r27wxz.jpg

rear view, I have the missing center cap on now:

nutt3.jpg

center cap before paint:

5mzonb.jpg

after paint:

t5ra04.jpg

and although this is a pathfinder forum here is a few of my 87 hardbody back in it's prime:

346b2wo.jpg

15nkiyu.jpg

2qlvr5u.jpg

Nice!! Both of them... One of the first things I thought is how did he get his rims so clean... :D

The pathy looks funny missing the fender flare though, get on it Man!!! P...

B

thanks, the paint looks pretty good now other than the hood which the paint is toast but I would like to find a later model hardbody hood, the one with the power bulge and and no grilles in the front edge for it, black would be even better so no painting. The roof paint is bad but I wet sanded a small spot and it should come back. I used Mothers on the body the 3 step process and it looks really good now. As I said earlier the wheels I just cleaned and I re-painted the 4 center caps. I was missing the rear wing, my co-worker who sold it to me took it off to use on his 93 as well as the factory side steps, he has the 93 pathfinder a XE, and 2 hardbody pickup low riders, one on air bags one lowered using blocks, oh and a Murano too. Anyway I found the rear wing at the junk yard shot it with flat black also painted the spare tire carrier. The inside carpet is shot but I may pickup one from www.oem-surplus.com, you guys ever hear of them?? Surplus Nissan OEM parts at like 80 % off retail, I bought a brand new 5 speed trans from them for my Sentra for $450 delivered!!!

Yes the heater core is bypassed my co worker told me the hose cracked or something but the core is supposed to be ok, I'll find out when I pick up the 2 hoses from the junkyard in 2 weeks.

I traded my 87 hardbody after owning it for over 14 years on a (forgive me here) Dodge Dakota 4X4 club cab with the V8, I should have kept the nissan wish I did now, I was so stupid back than I didn't even pull out my 160 amp dual output Wrangler alternator that I had in it !! So I got rid of the Dakota after 3 years and needed transportation to go to work and limited my search to Nissan's and found my 90 Sentra which I got for $580 and now have about $2000 into, it has over 217K miles, I beat the crap out of it, has a brand new 5 speed, all original motor and still gets 28 to 31 MPG driving 40 miles one way to work!! can't beat it. I always wanted anothe harbody 4x4 and really wanted to find a 95 (last year of that body style) with the king cab 4x4 V6 5 speed but people were asking outrageous prices for them, so a few months ago I had my co worker over to play some Rock band and he told me he would sell me his 94 pathfinder for $500, I didn't have $500 but I had credit with Dell so I bought him a $500 laptop !! Now we're both happy, he's glad his old truck is now in the hands of someone that will take better care of it and I will with help from you guys. thanks again for the welcome, many more topics and replies to follow.

Oh, owning the D21 for so long def has helped so far with the WD21!!

I always wanted anothe harbody 4x4 and really wanted to find a 95 (last year of that body style)

I swear the HB was still avalable in the US until at least 97... coulda swore there was a OBD-II plug in the one I took my side steps off of. Meh not the point of this thread.

And the Late HB hood will bolt right on man, even if there are places across the interwebs say it won't and they are different.

• 1 month later...

I swear the HB was still avalable in the US until at least 97... coulda swore there was a OBD-II plug in the one I took my side steps off of. Meh not the point of this thread.

And the Late HB hood will bolt right on man, even if there are places across the interwebs say it won't and they are different.

it was,there a pair sitting at a junk yard about 12 miles from me,not the cleanish,but still hard bodys...one had a obd2 plug in it,but it was 4x2...