Fuel Light Question

Tungsten

Just a quick question, when your fuel light goes on, how many gallons of gas and/or miles do you have left? I want to know for the VG30E motor.

Edited by Tungsten

i think its like 2 or 3 it seems when i fill up anyways i think i have a 21 gallon tank it comes on and i fill up rightaway and its always like 17-18 gallons. I maybe wrong though let others chime in too

I think it's a standard 2-3 gallons are left in the tank when the light comes on in most vehicles. But really, I wouldn't put 100% faith into the light, as it comes on/off depending on where the the fuel gauge needle is. so.... if your needle is inaccurate, the light is useless. They call it a dummy light for a reason.

I've only seen a fuel light once on mine and it wasn't the time I pushed "e-nuff" to far and had to take the shoeleather express the rest of the way to work.

I've only seen a fuel light once on mine and it wasn't the time I pushed "e-nuff" to far and had to take the shoeleather express the rest of the way to work.

baha, shoeleather express. that's funny.

Have yet to see mine light up.I had below E a time or two.Maybe burnt out?

thats what i thought with mine. took the guages out, bulb is just fine. something else, maybe the sensor in the tank? :shrug:

My 87 has the sub tank gauge so I guess it doesn't have a light. Unfortunately the sub gauge doesn't work it just stays on empty all the time. I never ran it all the way empty yet to see what will happen though. I think I will wait till I have a can mounted on the back so I don't need to take nunya's alternate form of transport.

James

My 87 has the sub tank gauge so I guess it doesn't have a light. Unfortunately the sub gauge doesn't work it just stays on empty all the time. I never ran it all the way empty yet to see what will happen though. I think I will wait till I have a can mounted on the back so I don't need to take nunya's alternate form of transport.

James

I had that gauge too on my old '87, it was extremely accurate down to 1/16 of a tank. Pretty amazing for the age and mileage on the rig.