Tranny Doesn't Go Into Gear

kts96

Hi, I got a 93 4x4 Pathy with and auto trans. I just changed out the trans from a 94 Pathy because the old one quit working. Got everything hooked up and when you put it into gear there is no movement at all in any of the gears. anyone got any clues. Thanks

Is it selecting the gears and not moving or is it not going into gear? Gear selector cable issues?? Are you positive the new tranny functions properly? Do you have a copy of the Factory Service Manual (pinned in the garage section), it has a major autotranny trouble shooting section...

B

Is it selecting the gears and not moving or is it not going into gear? Gear selector cable issues?? Are you positive the new tranny functions properly? Do you have a copy of the Factory Service Manual (pinned in the garage section), it has a major autotranny trouble shooting section...

B

tranny/shifter goes into gear just fine. eveything is hooked up I double checked. even check the wires on the gear selector to make sure

You also have to calibrate the shifter cable when you attach it to the new tranny..... Umm did you put in your torque convertor bolts?? lol

How do you calibrate the shifter cable?