Pathy Murdered, Me Hurt Bad

Alkorahil

Wow that is intense! I'm surprised the toll booth officer didn't place his car behind yours and

have their emergencies going to alert others. At least there would be a cushion for incidents such as this.

Get some serious rest and enjoy the meds!

All of his emergency lights were on, the ones on the top and the ones on the sides and bumpers.

there were some 10 or so red flares in the road as well.

And I had my hazzard lights on!

A friend got me some pictures of my truck yesterday, as soon as he brings the camera over I will put up some pics.

He said the rear doors were bowed out but would not open and that most of the damage in the rear went underneath. He said the reciever of my class III towing hitch on the rear was twisted almost 180 degrees foward and had bent the fuel tank protector and that the body was definately twisted.

Wow man. what a complete horror story. All I can say is take care of #1 cause no one else is gonna give a ........ whether you have permanent injuries or not. I know a lot of people font like to come across as the type to sue for things but I'll tell you what. I'd sue all 3 of those bastards because in a few years from now, you're gonna feel it. Injuries like that tend to not go away and if they appear to be gone its usually because you taking care of you body enough that you dont feel it, but as soon as you stop doing anything remotely beneficial the ache will come back in one way or another man. Like I said, I'd sue all 3. Id sue the first guy for his idiocy that led up to the later result which would not occured if he wasnt a jackass, Id sue the Moron telling you to sit in your vehicle and wait at the shoulder of a 3 lane highway, especially since you would most likely not have been standing next to the highway while you waited for the police to arrive. And then I'd sue that last jerk off for everything possible since if he was inable to see all the damn lights and flares he shouldnt have a license in the first place.

Take care of yourself man.

Give yourself time before rushing for a settlement too. You have plenty of time that you're given before a lawsuit time frame is expired. Give it time to see just how bad things will be in the future cause you cant anticipate that sort of thing.

Final note. If and when you sue those people be prepared to have the insurance company's running surveillance on you for a number of years especially if your case is high profile. Had a buddy hit from drunk driver while he was walking down a dark highway. hit him going about 120 kms an hour. sent him flying. he's like half plastic and suffered brain injuries and the lawsuit went on for years. He used to always tell us people were watching him and we thought he was nuts, but the more I hung out with the guy, the more I found out he was absolutely right. They look for any number of things they can use against your case so be careful.

Good luck.

All of his emergency lights were on, the ones on the top and the ones on the sides and bumpers.

there were some 10 or so red flares in the road as well.

And I had my hazzard lights on!

Just...incredible...I am seriously flabbergasted.

Damn! That is crazy, the KIA must have been going fast...

I was rear ended by a Ford Explorer, took out my spare tire carrier and put a dent in the tailgate. I was not hurt and surprisingly nothing else was damaged.

Well I finally made it back to work today.

Nice to be back to something 'normal'.

Estimates from several people based on information put the vehicle that rear ended me at least 55mph.

Estimates from several people based on information put the vehicle that rear ended me at least 55mph.

well at that speed, you're officially living your second life...! I call this a free game... I got one too after my heart attack... use it well.. :-)

Edited by fleurys

Damn...

Glad to hear you are able to go to work, I need parts!! :jk::D

I was thinking about you this weekend, wondering how you are doing and thinking we hadn't heard anything lately. I'm happy about the good news but take it easy... ;)

B

Precise, yours looks almost like mine did, except mine is about a foot shorter now....

Got the settlement for the property damage part of this today for the truck. Got more then I paid for it, factor in what I put into it myself in new parts and time, and that that this is almost 4 years later in terms of age and miles since I purchased it, I think I came out about even. Hard to say but it is what it is and its a very fair number I think for what I have seen other similar vehicles going for around this area. The guy (older sounding gentleman) that did the inspection for the insurance company said that he could tell when his team when through it all that "it was a very well cared for and maintained truck and it was a shame to see it like that."

I will try to get some pics up when I can, still a little hard to look at them.

Thanks for thinking of me.

Just saw this. Really sorry to hear it. But glad you are alive and can tell the tale. As others have said, look into legal action and get expert medical care. But most of all, get well soon man.

I cant say it any better than that!!!! Take Care Rob!!!

• 1 year later...

I was going through my digital camera clearing out old photos and found some of the pics of my wreck, and remembered that I never posted them. I have to admit that they brought back some unpleasant memories and emotions thinking about all that happened that night.....

p1010678.jpg

fender, hub and wheel damage

P1010677.jpg

wheel and hub damage, the wheel center cap shattered into pieces.

P1010676.jpg

hub wobbles!

P1010675.jpg

fender from another angle

P1010673.jpg

notice the buckling of the rear quarter panel and door and twist to the frame.

P1010669.jpg

same, from another angle. Note the space to the rear door and the body.

Edited by Alkorahil

p1010680.jpg

more damage from another angle

P1010670.jpg

frame mount for bumper bent 90 degrees down. Note the trailer hitch is also bent 90 degrees down.

P1010668.jpg

P1010671.jpg

more rear damage, note the left shock is pushed up and at an odd angle and the axle is bent.

P1010672.jpg

note the bent axle and frame

P1010667.jpg

another rear end shot, the kia that hit me is to the left.

P1010668.jpg

note the twist of the frame and body

Edited by Alkorahil

P1010666.jpg

P1010665.jpg

P1010664.jpg

you can see the black kia to the right that hit me.

Note the general twist of the frame and body in the three above pics

P1010679.jpg

The vehice that rear-ended me. My rear end was on top of this vehicle. It was loged under mine.

Edited by Alkorahil

P1010691.jpg

rear from a top down position.

p1010689.jpg

tore my spare tire cover!!!

P1010687.jpg

center dash smashed, note the twists and its popped out some.

P1010686.jpg

P1010685.jpg

rear doors would not open because the compression of the body, note the light coming the spaces between the doors and the body

P1010690.jpg

center console destroyed, note the seat back/frame broke and is twisted

p1010684.jpg

p1010682.jpg

P1010688.jpg

more of the console. ashtray ended up in the seat

Edited by Alkorahil