Looking At A 4 Runner...

beavis0076

I think this is a sweet 4 runner.. and Ive been eying it up... its a sas 4 cyl 5 speed.... it looks to be in great shape.. somebody definitely loved it... is the price wayyy too high? I believe it is.. but i need someone else to give me some reality as i am blinded by my want of it... :suicide: another worry is the fact that the front looks to have been repainted... :clickdalink:http://www.autobase.com/cgi/info.exe?bc=4527654&dealer=galley

It looks good (can't tell about the paint) but without checking out the front end work, driving and wheeling it I couldn't have any opinion. $6K seems pretty high and how many miles on it??

B

Toyota trucks hold their value pretty good but not that good even though its lifted and has some nice tires on it I'd pay 3500 max. My brother bought a 94 4runner about 3 years ago that had a flawless body with a 130000 miles on it and 31 BFG all terains for only 3200.

Edited by ben10

yea, price seems real high... 185 k on it... but its got an SAS and what looks to be a custom rear bumper... the front spoiler looks to be perfect which would indicate to me its never been wheeled.. at least very hard... cb installed... i believe those are 33's...i want it... what should i be looking for in regards to the sas work quality? its new territory for me. This truck is about what i want my pathfinder to be when finished... if i were to get him down a bit, it would cost me about the same as finishing mine, which will prob never happen with a broken back... so am i crazy? :scratchhead:

the pinstripes stop at the doors.. the front has been repainted... :unsure:

Edited by beavis0076

Way too high of a price, period. I've seen those for sale locally here at dealers for less than $5k with less miles in just as good of condition.

Don't let them try and make you pay more because of the SAS, it doesn't mean jack @!*%. That kind of work ONLY applies to the owner that did it themselves, anyone after that it's null and void.

'84 or '85 is when they stopped the factory straight axle, most people find IFS 4Runners and swap in the factory straight axle.

I'm not saying it isn't a nice rig, because it is, it's just way overpriced...what do you expect from a dealership?

If you'd like to buy a primer gray '87 SR5 turning 37s I can hook you up... :lol:

Edited by Kingman

'84 or '85 is when they stopped the factory straight axle, most people find IFS 4Runners and swap in the factory straight axle.

I'm not saying it isn't a nice rig, because it is, it's just way overpriced...what do you expect from a dealership?

If you'd like to buy a primer gray '87 SR5 turning 37s I can hook you up... :lol:

naa, i love my pathfinder.. but i would like something that is a little more capable on the trails, and is worth putting my $ into. I want to invest into my truck, but i worry with how much it needs to be what i want, and with my back im unable to do much of it myself. I would buy something if it was worth the price, still daily drivable, and good on the trails. :-)

It's a sharp looking truck but that price is WAY too high.

and it's an I4...

You want the 22R I4 in those toyota trucks they go forever and they actually got power, the V6's were gutless gas pigs.

hopefully he'll come down on price quite a bit or else I'd just forget about it. Most used car dealer are terrilble to deal with and thier mark up is rediculous. My dad took his 91 toyota pickup 2WD to auction that had 271000 miles on it, he hit a deer with it and never fixed any thing but the headlight, interior was shot, body was cover in scratches and dings sold for $1300 at aution to a used car dealer in town he sold it a week later fo $2700 on his lot.

Edited by ben10

22REs aren't bad motors but they aren't the greatest either. VGs are better. The 3.0Ls are complete junk, ask my friend who's had to replace 2 already and just sold his Toyota truck because he couldn't afford another complete head gasket job.

22REs aren't bad motors but they aren't the greatest either. VGs are better. The 3.0Ls are complete junk, ask my friend who's had to replace 2 already and just sold his Toyota truck because he couldn't afford another complete head gasket job.

My uncle and friends have had various 22RE engines throughout my life and I haven't seen much to say they aren't bad. I know they are better than the V6. But I'd rather walk than rely on it. I mean it means nothing if there's hundreds of thousands, if not more pristine examples of Toyota I4's. Just my personal experience and what I've seen with them I wouldn't trust them.

Update: mis advertised regarding the straight axle.... now way over priced indeed.... they wouldn't go below $5k... i laughed... and decided, if im going to spend that kind of money.. i would never have fun with it like i do mine... i like trying things out in the mountains and the being like "wow, i cant believe we made it through that".... if I had something fancier, i would baby it and that would just be no fun.... pathfinder stays.... :aok: