Finally After Market Lower Links!

So I was trollin around on Facebook a few minutes ago and saw that ruggedrocks now offers a set of aftermarket HD adjustable and greasable lower links for our pathy's :wackinit: Check the link yo!

http://ruggedrocksoffroad.com/rugged-rocks-hd-lower-rear-suspension-links-nissan-pathfinder-1996-2004-p-3885.html

its great that there are more products for our R50's! but what exactly are these for? whats the advantage of buying them?

Well for one big reason they are alot stronger than the stock links. Another main advantage is that they have johnny joints which will help out with flexing. But what probably is the biggest advantage is that you can grease the joints. This means you will never need to replace the bushings again. They are also adjustable. I know that once my rear links finally wear out on me, im getting a set of these.

So I was trollin around on Facebook a few minutes ago and saw that ruggedrocks now offers a set of aftermarket HD adjustable and greasable lower links for our pathy's :wackinit: Check the link yo!

http://ruggedrocksoffroad.com/rugged-rocks-hd-lower-rear-suspension-links-nissan-pathfinder-1996-2004-p-3885.html

They are a tad pricey, but if you need to replace the links and offroad I would think they are worth the extra cost...And its definitely a good thing to have for people with SFD's...

I'm glad to see noticed and like the links!

I have them marked as shipping on the 19th but in reality they should be done ready to ship on Tuesday the 16th.

There is also going to be an e-newsletter going out soon.

• Like 1

Steeevo can you comment on the reliability of these joints? I know similar joints that are open to the elements wear out very quickly when used on the street. I can only imagine the effect after going offroad through mud and sand. Are johnny joints better for this?

Johnny Joints are WIDELY used in the off road afermarket and are very reliable.

personally am using 12 of them on my truck. they have been there for over 2 years, I drive my truck on the street and of course off road.

I'm honeslty really bad bad about keeping mine greased and i haven't had any problems with them. Johnny Joints are the original rebuildable polyurethane bushed johnny joint.

If for one reason or another they start to develop play in them, they are rebuildable.

Here is a video on the Johnny Joint: http://www.streetfire.net/video/Currie-Johnny-Joint-Video_710301.htm

The links are sold in pairs.

they will ship unpainted or coated, as bare steel.

We were originally going to powder coat them but figured that no matter what you coat it with, once you bang them on rocks, the coating will scrape off. by simply rattle canning them, you have an easy way to keep them coated and rust free.

Edited by SteeevO

Awesome!! I was just thinking it would be pointless to extend the lowers if you can't extend the uppers to compensate. Ride would just be all over the place on the highway. Thanks! Hopefully I'll be grabbing a set of lowers in the next couple months (death wobble is starting to irritate). And soon after uppers to prep for SFD.

Jose

No Problem!

Just a few more days till these start to ship.

I'll have a newsletter out soon as well.

The first batch is a small run, so please order online ahead of time if you want a set from the first run.

• 2 weeks later...

haha the uppers look really short but here is a comparison shot:

rr-wd21-r50-ul-compare.jpg

I don't have a comparison shot of the lowers but these are beefy links.

Edited by SteeevO
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

These links are no longer shipped bare steel.

They are powder-coated the same 'gunmetal grey' as the new HD VG30E motor Mounts.

I don't have pics yet but I'll be posting them as soon as I get the shots done.

:aok:

Love these links. I look forward to throwing these on my R50 with the SFD.

SteeevO, any plans for a jog-adjustable panhard rod? :D

hope im not sticking my nose in wrong here but...i thought about an adj. Pan hard rod. I can notice my rear end slightly askew...Heres my ????? can you just lengthen the rod to compensate for lost length when you lift w coils or sfd OR does the bracket have to drop to keep the Pan hard rod level/parrallel??????? The two connection points frame/axle, create a Z pattern and when lifted or sperated the axle gets "kicked" to the drivers side!!! Right or wrong??

Tye

I've though about maing an adjustable panhard rod as well as making it a larger diameter than stock. I've seen a few guys taco them. I personally would rather have an adjustable panhard over a drop bracket. the roll center of the suspension system will stay higher (not much but still higher) when compared to the roll center. but not having the panhard level also promoting the axle shift when flexing on the trail. to completely elimite the axle shift. a triangulated 4-link suspension syse, is the way to go. but If we have a few guys interested in the simple solution of a larger & adjustable panhard rod I can make it.

BTW, if a mod can split this into a new topic it'd be much appreciated.