New To Nissan

ANDY

HEY GUYS MY NAME IS ANDY AND I HAVE A 1987 PATHMAKER 3 SPEED A/T STOCK, BUT MY BOSS HAS A IMPOUND YARD AND HAS A 1993 PATHY WITH A 4 SPEED A/T BUT THE AXLE CODE IS THE SAME HG46 FOR BOTH WILL THE ONE FROM THE 93 BOLT RIGHT UP ? WITH NO CUSTOM STUFF INVOLVED

Far left side of the keyboard, below the tab, above the shift, one to the left of "a". Afterwards , at the top right of the screen, below your user name, there is a search function you could try :aok:. Thank you. As for the 3 speed/4 speed differences, I know there are some but don't know what they are so I will let an automatic person chime in on that.

(sorry all caps typing bothers me, just seems lazy)

Technically the 4 speed auto will bolt up to the engine.

Problem is they use different TCU's. Which means you'll need an 88-89 TCU, and possibly the ECU as well. Reason for 88-89 is because that's the year that used the same fuel injection system (TBI). 90-95 used a different fuel injection system and therefore different ECU's. I don't know if they changed the wiring for how the TCU connected to the ECU though. An 88-89 TCU will control a 90-95 transmission as they used the same automatic transmission from 88 through 95 (I think several years after that too but I'm not sure to exactly when)

Oh and welcome to the forums! Hope we can help you answer all of your questions! There's a strong contingent of So-Cal members too if you're looking for wheeling buddies.

Edited by SC88Pathy

ALL CAPS ISN'T LAZY! IT'S YELLING!! THE NEW GUY MUST BE REALLY HAPPY ABOUT JOINING NPORA!!

:D

Welcome to NPORA... please use your inside voice.

sorry about the caps we use caps at work so my boss can read better but thanks for the replies and i forgot to ask about the rear end cause the 93 has LSD and mine doesnt but would they bolt up perfect or does the shock or links have to be moved? thanks again Andy

Well you can just unbolt the third member from the 93 and then bolt it in to the 87's axle as long as the gear ratio's match. But if you really want to yes the entire axles can be swapped. Might be nice because most LSD axles also came with rear disc brakes (but not all of them)

i just swapped the rear end today at my work man that was a PITA i did everything backwards but i finally swapped out but i did get the rear disc but my brakes are a little spongey this guy said if i took the brake master it should be fine but my friend did honda rear swap and he needed the porportioning valve . so i got a question would just the brake master fix it ?

Did you bleed the brakes? Simple things tend to skip the mind when doeing things such as rear end swaps. I'd do a good complete bleed before jumping on buying a master...

Technically the 4 speed auto will bolt up to the engine.

Problem is they use different TCU's. Which means you'll need an 88-89 TCU, and possibly the ECU as well. Reason for 88-89 is because that's the year that used the same fuel injection system (TBI). 90-95 used a different fuel injection system and therefore different ECU's. I don't know if they changed the wiring for how the TCU connected to the ECU though. An 88-89 TCU will control a 90-95 transmission as they used the same automatic transmission from 88 through 95 (I think several years after that too but I'm not sure to exactly when)

Oh and welcome to the forums! Hope we can help you answer all of your questions! There's a strong contingent of So-Cal members too if you're looking for wheeling buddies.

What he said. The wiring is identical from '89-'04 (number of wires to the transmission from the TCU), however a pre-'90 transmission will need the TCU to go with it. The ECUs can remain the same. That part is plug and play.

For example, a friend of mine put an automatic transmission from an '02 in an '88.

The only real non-match between transmissions is using an '86.5-'87 transmission in anything else besides an '86.5-'87, reason being is the wiring is completely different.

Edited by Kingman