2Nd Annual Mrjim Run

5523Pathfinder

the reason it says more diffucult is cause theres a couplke hill climbs that are a bit intresting but if you know how to drive and be smart and if we got some guys spotting you should be a problem. also the other reason is cause the moon rocks and funny rocks are up there, which can cause some good dmg if your not careful or dont wanna play hard. but both the moon and funny rocks have bypasses going around them.

Im probably going to put this up to a vote in the next week or so. Having Jims input would be fantastic, but not overly necessary to have. Once again, ANYONE WITH LOCAL (WA-OR) TRAIL EXPERIENCE, PLEASE POST WHAT YOU KNOW!!!

Thanks for all the info that has already been provided!!!!

I would think so. I mean, when we discussed this at the first run, we were going to push it in honor of him and what had taken place. Plus, it would give people who live a distance away, know when we are doing this as it would be near the same time of year.

We do need Jims' input!!!!!!!

I have been searching different areas to wheel, but I need more input as I have not been to very many places here in WA or OR. Keep it coming guys.

Oh, has anyone heard of any progress at Rieters?(I bet Jim would like that cause its practically his backyard!)

Its my backyard too. i live about 20 minutes from him and reiters is short and not to difficult. me and my buddies go all the time. i made it with my stock 4runner...

Im probably going to put this up to a vote in the next week or so. Having Jims input would be fantastic, but not overly necessary to have. Once again, ANYONE WITH LOCAL (WA-OR) TRAIL EXPERIENCE, PLEASE POST WHAT YOU KNOW!!!

Thanks for all the info that has already been provided!!!!

there are some trails up in alger WA (about 45 minutes from Everett), but probaly only about 3 hours worth and some are no problem others need spotters the whole way and a winch or two. also if you dont want scratches then its a no-go

We are gonna want trails that can accomidate all levels of rigs. Tahuya was great last year(with the exception of no mud). Everyone got to try out the different obstacles and such. Keep it up guys. Im building a list of places!!!!!

We are gonna want trails that can accomidate all levels of rigs. Tahuya was great last year(with the exception of no mud). Everyone got to try out the different obstacles and such. Keep it up guys. Im building a list of places!!!!!

I missed out last year and tahuya would be nice....

So if everone voted on Manatash, would you be interested in being the trail guide?

i think i can do that. what time of year is this going to be in btw

If Packie's the guide I'm bringin' my Unimog! :aok: :aok: :aok:

Ok, so far we have had a few spots listed. Im going to list a few more, but if you would like to add to it, please do so(just copy and paste the list, then add your addition). We will put this to a vote soon....

Manatash

Tahuya

Liberty

Walker Valley

Elbe

Tillamok

Evans Creek

Now, I know there is more. I, and probably all of us, would appreciate first hand experience with any trail suggested.

Ok, so far we have had a few spots listed. Im going to list a few more, but if you would like to add to it, please do so(just copy and paste the list, then add your addition). We will put this to a vote soon....

Manatash

Tahuya

Liberty

Walker Valley

Elbe

Tillamok

Evans Creek

Now, I know there is more. I, and probably all of us, would appreciate first hand experience with any trail suggested.

I think we should do it in a different place than Tahuya this year too. I like Walker Valley because its closer to me in Marysville, but they don't have much for actual trucks/SUVs do they? Evans Creek would be cool if we have someone along who knows the trails there. Really, I am down for an adventure where ever we end up going. I am fine with a road trip to anywhere in Washington.

MrJim

if silverton goes, I'll ride with him... the other option is bring along two or three Yotas and riding with one of them IF I havent got my own truck by them.

I went to tahuya last friday, I didn't go through all of it, only about two miles or so. and my friends stock 93 blazer (street tires) had absolutely no problems. I was hoping for a bit more of a challenge, perhaps that's in the other six miles I missed?, but I still had a lot of fun. Definitely a great place to go with any sort of stock rig.

lets go to manastach to honor Packie88 not to cross these 2 things, but thats my vote :-)

No, thats not a bad idea at all. Packie was slated to be the trail leader, as he had been there many times before. I would recommned having someone who has been on those trails before, be the trail leader/guide/whatever, so we know what to expect.

No, thats not a bad idea at all. Packie was slated to be the trail leader, as he had been there many times before. I would recommned having someone who has been on those trails before, be the trail leader/guide/whatever, so we know what to expect.

Yea, you raise a good point...

Well, the Jim run is for our founder. He actually wanted to do it years ago, just never got put together. We thought I would be a good idea to have a run in his name specifically, because he is the founder of this site, and what the members of this board did in getting his rig saved from the crusher.

Packie will be honored in some way, im sure, at this run. Of course, another run is never a bad idea. If someone wants to, they can step up and put it together!

Ok, on to voting now.......

• 2 weeks later...

I would prefer to go to Evans Creek personally I think. That's just my 2 cents. :)

What date are we thinking about doing this?