No 4Th Speed With Heater Blower Motor

RustyButTrusty

So the 4th fan speed doesn't work for my heater/ac controls. Whenever you slide it to the 4th speed the fan cuts off, no movement all all. I was thinking maybe the resistor was bad, so I replaced it with a working resistor, and it still wouldn't work. The only other things I could think of that might be causing this is a break in a wire, or possibly corroded switch/connecter. Anyone else had a similar problem, or have some ideas? Thanks!

Sounds like you done need a switch to me as well. Had the same thing with a HB, if you wiggled it around a little and found the magic spot it would blow high, and you had to smack the dash a couple times above it for the light to work for the heater controls afterwards. Nice thing about a reg. cab HB though is it was small enough you never really needed high so I never replaced it.

Edited by nunya

I'd have been wondering if the switch was the culprit, I was just hoping it wasn't. From what I've seen they are a doozy to replace. So are the contacts in the switch serviceable or am I stuck with having to put in a different switch? Appreciate the help!

I'd have been wondering if the switch was the culprit, I was just hoping it wasn't. From what I've seen they are a doozy to replace. So are the contacts in the switch serviceable or am I stuck with having to put in a different switch? Appreciate the help!

It is a total PITA to replace just the switch.

I had mine totaly fry last summer.

HINT:

Get the entire climate control assembly. It comes with a new fan switch already installed, it costs some $8 more than the switch by itself and you have to take the control unit out anyways to get the fan switch replaced. So you get a new fan switch and control unit at the same time for almost the same price.

Edited by Alkorahil

• 4 weeks later...

I can totally agree that removing the whole fan switch assembly is a royal pain in the butt !! i pulled one out of a pathfinder at the junkyard and with the other 3 sliders all using cables it doesn't want to move at all when you attempt to pull out the assembly. My fan is doing the opposite as yours, only working on 4 anbd hopefully all it will be is the resistor.