Manual Hub/year/spline Information

Precise1

Mile Marker Supreme Chrome 86.5-89 Pathfinder: PN-430, BS-6x3.260", 27 spline/1.094" OD
Mile Marker Supreme Chrome 90-01 Pathfinder: PN-435, BS-6x3.260", 28 spline/1.143" OD

Warn Premium:
Vehicle-----------------------------------------------Spline-----PN----Service kit PN
Pickup '84-86.5.................................................26.......29087...29061
Pickup, Pathfinder '86.5-89...............................27.......28739...29061
Pickup, 4 cylinder '90-93...................................27.......28739...29061
Pickup (incl. Frontier), 4 cyl '94-01....................28.......29091...29061
Pickup (incl. Frontier), Pathfinder, 6 cyl '90-01..28.......29091...29061
Xterra '00...........................................................28.......29091...29061

Added vehicles cross fitment.

Feel free to add in any other pertinent information including the 6 cylinder hardbody manual locking hubs. Thanks.

B

Edited by Precise1
Stupid forum software doesn't like spaces

I belive CV's are interchangeable on all the 27 & 28 spline vehicles listed above....

So if you have a 27 spline and you found a cheap set of 28 spline locking hubs and your CV's just happen to need changed you could buy and install 28 spline CV's as your replacement instead of the 27's you originally had and vise versa.

I believe you are correct.

Also, 4 wheel parts has both the Mile Marker Nissan hubs (430,435) on sale for $81.89 a set with free shipping if you order on line and pick up at a local store. That's the best price I can find, but it only lasts for a few days... :shrug:

B

• 3 months later...

The Mile Marker hubs are great guys. Have not put too much strain on them just yet, but at least now I have 4WD in reverse, and it doesn't come and go when it pleases...

And it cost quite a bit less than the Warn units.

• 3 months later...

mile marker or warn? whitch are the better buy? my autos are giving out and i need something to replace them that wont crap out on the trail.

Most people will argue that the Warn Premium are the best ones, but they are also the most expensive...

The factory Nissan manual hubs are the strongest of all, but are rare and sought after.

Did any of the older Frontiers or Pathfinders come stock with manual hubs?

Pathfinders, no, I don't believe so. Frontier, maybe?? The old hardbodys did which will work on pathfinders. Pre 93 and 4cyl are 27 spline (86.5-89 pathfinder) and 94+/6cyl are 28 spline (90-95 pathfinder) IIRC.

B

The CVs are not all interchangeable. The older 27 spline CVs bolted to the front diff with 6 bolts in a 3x2 pattern. The newer 28 spline CVs are attached by 5 bolts in a 5x1 pattern. Sometime after 1995 Nissan went back to the 3x2 pattern and 28 splines.

• 1 month later...

Frontiers and Xterras did come from the factory with manual locking hobs. Not sure if the X was a standard option or not?

I do have a set of 27 spline manuals sitting on my dresser that I can't use if anyone is interested.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Can anyone tell me what size allen wrench or hex key you need to remove manual hubs? Im taking them off a 92 hardbody. And also what other tools do i need to remove these? Thanks for your time.

Should be 6mm. Mine are. Also, use a quality allen wrench, you are going to have to use a cheater bar to get them off. I had to use a 18" tube to get my bolts off. I put a good bit of torque on those bolts before they gave way.

For the removal, an allen wrench is all you need. The hubs might be stuck on from friction. Bang them with you hand a little bit or give them a slight tab with a hammer.

• 1 year later...

just wanted to point out another brand of manual hubs i have these from 4wd pros i have them on both my pathfinders and have not had a problem with them i think there like ruggedridge one but the only cost 70 bucks on ebay.

2012-10-31181727.jpg

but on a side note anyone know where to get frontier xterra auto hubs for cheap

Edited by shoesandsocks

• 7 years later...

I guess I've narrowed it down to 2 choices, within $16 of each other; AVN 461 for $132 or Mile Marker 435 Supreme for $116 (I found a set of 435s listed for a Sentra for $108, but no info as to spline count)

Anyone care to opine on the best choice?

I guess I've narrowed it down to 2 choices, within $16 of each other; AVN 461 for $132 or Mile Marker 435 Supreme for $116 (I found a set of 435s listed for a Sentra for $108, but no info as to spline count)

Anyone care to opine on the best choice?

• 1 year later...

Curious. Whose 27-spline manual hubs came on the 87 Pathfinder? Have googled til my my finger bleed. Though the search would be simple. Figured either Aisin or its predecessor, ASCO.  Will likely be installing a set of Premiums soon.  Fairly proud of them these days compared to past sets. Oh well. Everything is costly these days.

• 9 months later...

Hello good people,

Resurrecting the old thread, which may be getting less relevant as the time goes by, but is getting more painful as fewer options are being left by Nissan and OEM manufacturers. I've seen only 2 major options these days. I tried FWH012 and it did fit my Terrano 1991 the way I would like.

There were 2 issues: the hubs came without bolts to attach. Finding proper bolts in city of hipsters is not as easy as may seem to US dwellers. Besides, in Australia it nearly doubles the cost. Most importantly, the hubs are much taller than original automatic hubs and stick outside the vehicle, which is rather undesirable. The beauty cap won't fit either.

FWH012.jpg.62150a684e5e4f675bbbf5c6c9728c01.jpg
I returned FWH012 and bought FWH011 which is claimed to be a fit. Not so fast. The hub is not deep enough and the sticking part of the spindle does not allow it to reach the wheel.
Did anyone have the same problem? I don't mind cutting off that part of the spindle because I am not expecting to ever find an automatic hub for this vehicle.  It will be point of no return though.

Anyone can suggest a better option?  Source of automatic hubs? Shall I suck it up and go with FWH012?

HulkHub.jpg.39965165a225a10f6c60582a3e177fd7.jpg

spindle.jpg.b721e464e32fbbf750a94fcbe5565f43.jpg

The FWH011 which I have, has depth of 9mm, and the outer lip is 5mm deep. That leaves 9-5=4mm.

A proper hub needs at least 7-8mm between inner depth and depth of the outer lip. Sorry, the site fails to attach even a 48kb image.