Usa! Usa!

SC88Pathy

America proves that Canadians aren't even that good at what they're best at! Igloos melt! Polar bears start eating vegetables! Shortage of exclamation points looms¡

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver/ice_hockey/news?slug=ap-hko-canada-us&prov=ap&type=lgns

USA! USA!

Edited by SC88Pathy

The reasons USA won: Miller rocked, Brodeur choked. That's it. Getting outshot 2:1 means if not for Marty's pitiful performance and three epic failures, that would have been a 3-2 game in Canada's favour.

Seeing how 90% of the USA team played on Canada junior teams before going pro... I rest my case. Besides, round robin means jack-sh*t, anyway. :lol:

Good Luck getting past Russia! Its over for Canada! At least GOLD! For Canada, if its not GOLD.....ITS FAIL!

In My Opinion Of Course.

What was that, Canada won't beat Russia? Seems to me they did a pretty good job, my opinion of course ;):D .

Edited by JUDGE

How many of you members, can remember when the Olympic Games were for Amateurs only.

When the Olympics was an amateur sport, the true picture was told.

It wasn't only a case of who gets paid the most, who can afford the best gear, who can develop drug masking agents.

It was TRUE sport.

This is also true for the Summer Olympics.

When are the olympics?

Seriously the only thing I know is someone died doeing the frozen waterslide on a sled thing... Not the bobsled, I know what that is (thank you Cool Runnings!)

How many of you members, can remember when the Olympic Games were for Amateurs only.

It wasn't only a case of who gets paid the most, who can afford the best gear, who can develop drug masking agents.

It was TRUE sport.

This is also true for the Summer Olympics.

Well, if you exclude the paid athletes, you exclude the best most of the time. So you wouldn't see who realy is the best athlete, just who is the best non-pro athlete. There are still many amateurs in the games, just look at curling, lol.

Not amateurs, I believe, but not paid atheletes either. Yeah, I remember. Yeah, I'm so old, I remember MTV when all they played was rock videos...

B

Good Luck getting past Russia! Its over for Canada! At least GOLD! For Canada, if its not GOLD.....ITS FAIL!

In My Opinion Of Course.

Good luck? Yeah, luck had nothing to do with it. That was pure skill. Not going to brag but that was the best Oly game thus far.

Now for the rematch on Sunday. :aok:

Oh ya. Also forgot to mention that if any of you Silver medal people need some change to get back over the border, we have 5 extra Gold medals we can spare since you guys couldn't quite get the job done.

Thanks for visiting Canada.

Come again.