High Idle Occasionally

Chriskaw440

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TIP: always replace them ONE AT A TIME.....otherwise you may not connect them to the right places :)

that reminds me of what the guys on the NICO site told me when I had to pull the intake off on the Infiniti Q45 we used to have to replace the knock sensors, they told me don't worry about trying to save all the hoses just cut them all off and get new one's! yeah at what would have cost about $200!! I pulled the intake off without cutting any of them, did end up cracking the plenum putting it back on, a $100 mistake but boy did it run after new knock sensors and a fuel pump!!! almost Corvette like!!

that reminds me of what the guys on the NICO site told me when I had to pull the intake off on the Infiniti Q45 we used to have to replace the knock sensors, they told me don't worry about trying to save all the hoses just cut them all off and get new one's! yeah at what would have cost about $200!! I pulled the intake off without cutting any of them, did end up cracking the plenum putting it back on, a $100 mistake but boy did it run after new knock sensors and a fuel pump!!! almost Corvette like!!

yep....and did my knock sensor a couple years ago. that was fun...and easier than I had envisioned.

knock sensor on a pathfinder engine? I can imagine when I bought my new/used JDM engine I saw where it is located, was going to have it replaced before the new engine went in than saw the price, actually it is the same part number as the ones for the Q45 V8 , so my mechanic left the JDM one installed, actually the only part he swapped from the old engine to the JDM engine was the throttle body as the old one had cruise new one did not.

knock sensor on a pathfinder engine? I can imagine when I bought my new/used JDM engine I saw where it is located, was going to have it replaced before the new engine went in than saw the price, actually it is the same part number as the ones for the Q45 V8 , so my mechanic left the JDM one installed, actually the only part he swapped from the old engine to the JDM engine was the throttle body as the old one had cruise new one did not.

yep...located under the intake manifold...on top of the engine valley. such a perfect location!

yeah it was some work to get to it but overall, with some patience and good planning...it wasn't that bad. I took my time as I was replacing other items along the way once I had the plenum

and intake manifold all out.

Used to have a '95 chevy blazer for a short while and its knock sensors were on the sides of the engine, one on each side of the block...so easy to get to, but of course, two of them instead of one.

Sold it anyway....then it was t-boned at an intersection and destroyed. RIP Blazer lol

try to replace the knock sensors on the VH45DE with out taking it apart !!

intake plenum removed

2md2tle.jpg

knock sensors in engine valley with coolant crossover pipe removed

xp1vrc.jpg

eeewwwwwwww......makes the pathfinders knock sensor job look like cake work compared to that mess! lol