well i just dont wana have to swap the rear gears im gona run the stock motor till she blows only have 1 and 2nd gear now 3rd blew (auto). the rear gears are 464 gears and its hard to find xteras at junk yards around here. i wana build this sas and motor swap 4 dirt cheap just so ppl can c what they can build if they wait for deals and roam the junk yards. got my axle pulled outa the rig and put in the back of my truck for 250$ not 2 bad. oh and btw i wana put the new ring and pinion in by myself so if anyone knows of any good books or websites let me know. i can get gears put in it for 500$ including gears but it would be cool 2 do it myself.

well i just dont wana have to swap the rear gears im gona run the stock motor till she blows only have 1 and 2nd gear now 3rd blew (auto). the rear gears are 464 gears and its hard to find xteras at junk yards around here. i wana build this sas and motor swap 4 dirt cheap just so ppl can c what they can build if they wait for deals and roam the junk yards. got my axle pulled outa the rig and put in the back of my truck for 250$ not 2 bad. oh and btw i wana put the new ring and pinion in by myself so if anyone knows of any good books or websites let me know. i can get gears put in it for 500$ including gears but it would be cool 2 do it myself.

The xterra rear diff complete was sent half way across the counter to me for 240 with shipping with 30,000 miles on them so less then a shop cost to set them up and can make it match the spline count by stilling parts out of your rear diff without resetting up gears. try some of the online used parts vendors. Side note if you get the 2wd xterra rear diff the abs is plug and play but not with the 4wd rear diff.

• 3 months later...

Sorry I didn't mean to start something. I do want to see a V8 swap done and how it works with everything else. I'm just a fan of reliable 300 hp and 20+ mpg V8's :my2cents:

I mean if you have a solid engine and tranny to use, then by all means!

how ya goin guys,im half way trough doin my 3rd overhaul on the pathfinder,got inj 302,c4 bolted in now,having trouble with transfer but work it out as i go,anyone else got it done already?

• 1 month later...