oil leak.....great...

Chriskaw440

Went outside this morning to see a good size oil stain on the driveway from my Pathfinder.....great, appears to be from the front main seal but I haven't looked thoroughly yet.

My engine has always been perfectly leak-free......until I used that Seafoam crap.

Dont be blamming SeaFoam...you engine had leaks but the sludge and crap where blocking them...you sure it aint your cam seals leaking,its probly all over the timing belt if they are,I wouldnt drive it until your sure the oils not on the t-belt(it'll shred...

Went outside this morning to see a good size oil stain on the driveway from my Pathfinder.....great, appears to be from the front main seal but I haven't looked thoroughly yet.

My engine has always been perfectly leak-free......until I used that Seafoam crap.

Yup crap.. if you search this site for seafoam, have the people have good results, half have bad results.. why take a chance when its 50/50?

ONLY OIL GOES IN AN ENGINE ALL THE OTHER STUFF IS MARKETING BS

I feel gullible for believing in it. Im about to do hydraulic valve replacements so once I take the valve covers off I'll be anxious to see if the seafoam really did 'clean' anything much....I know how things looked before from when I did my knock sensor replacement job (and yes i put new valve cover gaskets on)

When I have time later I will go inspect further to see where it's coming from.

BTW, I'd rather have some gunk helping to seal some old seals instead of a little cleaner engine interior....but, lesson learned. Just keep using the good oils and don't fall for all the

hype about snake oil. It's an older engine, it will never run perfectly again anyway.

DANG I SHOULD HAVE USED "MOTOR UP!!" LOL

Dont be blamming SeaFoam...you engine had leaks but the sludge and crap where blocking them...you sure it aint your cam seals leaking,its probly all over the timing belt if they are,I wouldnt drive it until your sure the oils not on the t-belt(it'll shred...

Which really is the definition of a non-leak, isn't it?

I haven't used sea foam, but I'm hesitant due to some of the feed back I've read here.

I will use it as a gas stailizer and injector cleaner but I don't plan on pouring any in the crank case... :shrug:

B

Seafoam will have the same effects as Synthetic oil used in a motor for the first time. If sludge/deposits are hiding a seal failure, these will bring it to the surface. I had the same issue when I ran synthetic in my motor for the first time....leaking RMS. I can't blame the oil though, it was just bad luck.

The bad stories tend to outweigh the good around here, I think I will stick with oil and Lucas. I don't hear plans of anyone filling their differentials up with 5-20 oil, why put strange things in the block?

...also makes me wonder with all the videos I have seen with people revving the hell out of their engines after adding seafoam to the intake system and oil system....all the white smoke, diluting the oil properties and such....in fairly new vehicles too! how could they possibly be gunked up so bad already that they should need to use engine 'cleaner'?? if they took care of them properly in

the first place...

I think it must just be for getting their kicks with the white smoke and the "oh baby my engine is gonna be sparkeling shiney new on the insides when I'm through with this stuff!! Yeeeaaahhhhh check it out!!!! RRRRRrrrrrrrrooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooommmmmm VVVVVRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmMM.....(for another 15 minutes.....)

...also makes me wonder with all the videos I have seen with people revving the hell out of their engines after adding seafoam to the intake system and oil system....all the white smoke, diluting the oil properties and such....in fairly new vehicles too! how could they possibly be gunked up so bad already that they should need to use engine 'cleaner'?? if they took care of them properly in

the first place...

From all the ethanol and other crap in the gas. Carbon build up can happen quicker than you might think.

....all the white smoke, diluting the oil properties and such....in fairly new vehicles too!

White the engine is arlready fairly clean. I've done some old muscle cars with original un-molested engines and the smoke was black.