Factory jack

JamesRich

Can someone take a picture of their factory jack preferably in the holder? My truck didn't have one and I'm going the scrap yard to get one. They just have a big pile of jacks none are left in the trucks. Once I know what it looks like I can pick one and go try it in a pathfinder to see if it fits. I searched but couldn't find a pic. I did find the Nissan speed jack idea though. His video links were down so I could't see them. MY1PATH must have been bored. I think I will try it too!

James

Edited by JamesRich

Well the factory jack is one of the kinds that you have to twist the handle to use,not the pump the handle type.Usally there in the rear cargo area on the driver side under a little plastic cover,the handle is usally under the rear seat.I will say that a cheap pumper style is more use full then the factory one because even if you loose the handle you can still use it...Sorry but I cant post pics,but its a hydrolic one,not a sissor type.

It is a small but effective bottle jack, but I'm pretty sure it is mechanical. I don't use it much, never had a flat and have floor jacks in the garage.

I'll try to remember to take a picture when I get home...

B

...I will say that a cheap pumper style is more use full then the factory one because even if you loose the handle you can still use it...Sorry but I cant post pics,but its a hydrolic one,not a sissor type.

I have never seen a vehicle come with a hydralic Jack from the factory. the Nissan Pathfinder Bottle jack Is a GEAR DRIVEN telescoping bottle jack. the mechanism is a screw inside a screw with a ring & pinion @ the bottom. when you turn the pinon gear the jack goes up and down. You can unscrew the base and re-grease it and it turns allot smoother.

If you loose your handle you can still turn it by sticking a srewdriver or similar tool thru it sideways.

Cool guys thats just what I needed. It's like the old chevy pickups had but you couldn't open the chevys to regrease them.

I see you have vinyl mat instead of carpet in your truck. Did you change it or did some come factory with a mat?

James

Cool guys thats just what I needed. It's like the old chevy pickups had but you couldn't open the chevys to regrease them.

I see you have vinyl mat instead of carpet in your truck. Did you change it or did some come factory with a mat?

James

It's not a vinyl mat. My entire interior is factory vinyl. Seats and floor.

And if you have the inner trim panel that extends out over the wheel well, it looks like this...

wd21jacklocationz.jpg

Is that extended trim panel on the vehicles that have the spare tire mounted inside?

Is that extended trim panel on the vehicles that have the spare tire mounted inside?

If so mine is missing. All the interior tire carrier has is a metal bracket that bolts to the side of the caro area under the window. Mine just had the plastic cover like Morning has.

Yes and no, mine has the internal carrier (MUST remember to remove that, since a 33 won't fit :lol: ) but I have also seen the tire mount in trucks that did not have the extended trim panel

Yeah mine didn't have that extended panel. It just had some leather cover over the jack and a cover that matched the carpet over the tire itself....

I found a jack! thanks for all y'all help, the pics helped alot. I still had all the other tire tools under the seat so I'm all set now. This one is kind of rusty but that just means a future project of cleaning and painting.

James

I found a jack! thanks for all y'all help, the pics helped alot. I still had all the other tire tools under the seat so I'm all set now. This one is kind of rusty but that just means a future project of cleaning and painting.

James

extend the jack all the way take the 4 scews of the bottom and then just golp about an once of fresh light weight lithum or polybase grease in there so it coats the internal screws and ring/pinion. this will ensure smooth and lower effort opperation when you need it.

extend the jack all the way take the 4 scews of the bottom and then just golp about an once of fresh light weight lithum or polybase grease in there so it coats the internal screws and ring/pinion. this will ensure smooth and lower effort opperation when you need it.

I've never taken apart one of those bottle jacks... It slipped my mind that it wasn't a hydrolic bottle jack. Thanks for the suggestion. Will look at that!

Mine has a black vinyl cover...But my spare tire was also inside the trunk before...anyone else have this same one?

I have a blac vinyl pouch, the jack fits in it but instead it holds my Nissan Tire Iorn, spare lugs and Nissa Spark Plug tools.