xbox live

jimmaw

Also xbox is terrible. Red rings, disc read errors, and you have to pay every month just to play online? Yeah no thanks.

My PS3 account is IamTetsuo, but right now if I'm online it's because my friends are using my PS3. I've let them borrow it until I have an HDTV again.

Also xbox is terrible. Red rings, disc read errors, and you have to pay every month just to play online? Yeah no thanks.

My PS3 account is IamTetsuo, but right now if I'm online it's because my friends are using my PS3. I've let them borrow it until I have an HDTV again.

It's hit or miss. Honestly I found my PS3 as more of an appliance and just a blu-ray player. A few decent games, but I don't like gaming on it much at all. Can't find any games that I like for it.

And red rings are a thing of the past. the elite (the current $300 model) has a new board which is supposed to stop that. I have a Pro and thus far haven't had any problems *knock on wood*. I play my Xbox alot as well. Also never really had disc read errors unless it's a really scratched game. My PS3 has given me more problem (not recognizing HDMI cables and such).

If you're looking me up on PS3 or Xbox it's tobythesandwich

on xbox I play a good bit of MW2 in Team Deathmatch. Once in a while I like to play Horde on Gears 2.

It's hit or miss. Honestly I found my PS3 as more of an appliance and just a blu-ray player. A few decent games, but I don't like gaming on it much at all. Can't find any games that I like for it.

And red rings are a thing of the past. the elite (the current $300 model) has a new board which is supposed to stop that. I have a Pro and thus far haven't had any problems *knock on wood*. I play my Xbox alot as well. Also never really had disc read errors unless it's a really scratched game. My PS3 has given me more problem (not recognizing HDMI cables and such).

If you're looking me up on PS3 or Xbox it's tobythesandwich

on xbox I play a good bit of MW2 in Team Deathmatch. Once in a while I like to play Horde on Gears 2.

My friend just got a new Xbox Elite after his second red ring

Guess what happened the first time he brought it over to our friends house?

Yup disc read on a perfectly clean disk

Microsoft isn't doing crap to fix their console because they know people are going to keep on buying them anyways, and keep on paying for online play month after month after month

let's not turn this into a thread complaining about the xbox and all. some people hate it and think it's all problems. Plenty of people love it. That's all there really is. I also don't mind paying for online, it only costs like $4.15 per month when you just buy it by the year.

personally i wanted the ps3, but my girl friend bought me my elite, so i smile and i play it, had it just about a year and no problems yet. but i plan on getting the ps3 soon, and everybody i know who has had a red ring problem just sends it back and gets another one free of charge, i'm not sure they even pay for the shipping.the only thing i don't like about the live is that we can't stream internet on it, i mean i got net flix and zune, but it's not the same.

Edited by jimmaw

personally i wanted the ps3, but my girl friend bought me my elite, so i smile and i play it, had it just about a year and no problems yet. but i plan on getting the ps3 soon, and everybody i know who has had a red ring problem just sends it back and gets another one free of charge, i'm not sure they even pay for the shipping.the only thing i don't like about the live is that we can't stream internet on it, i mean i got net flix and zune, but it's not the same.

Yeahhh That's a bit of an annoyance as well. I mean on the PS3 you got a full HTML browser. But Netflix is TONS better on the 360. the 360's can play in HD. PS3's can't (and you need a disk). But the PS3 overall is pretty much a better system. Although it would've been nice if the slim integrated the card reader like the fat PS3's had.

Yeahhh That's a bit of an annoyance as well. I mean on the PS3 you got a full HTML browser. But Netflix is TONS better on the 360. the 360's can play in HD. PS3's can't (and you need a disk). But the PS3 overall is pretty much a better system. Although it would've been nice if the slim integrated the card reader like the fat PS3's had.

I got a second batch 60gig fat. So I'v got the hardware PS2 emulation and the card reader. :D Of course I'v only used the card reader like twice. It would be nice if it could playback more movie files, being limited to DiVx and only certain h.264 encodes is annoying. If they would include .mkv support I would be so happy.