There's a traitor among us!

JamesRich

I went to the pick a part in Baton Rouge Louisiana today and found this in the cash for clunkers section.

IMG_0702.jpg

Then I walked around the side to the back and found this!

IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

Some one from here doomed a pathfinder to death! (One that had to be in running condition to be accepted for the cash for clunkers program) First they locked up the motor, and within the next month it will be crushed. Did someone get that rope yet?

It had a body lift and a pair of springs that were not stock. They were painted red so I don't know if they were after market or from a jeep but they weren't stock, so I nabbed them.

I made a pretty good haul; I got quite a few parts from a 94 model for mine. I even found one in the regular section with rear disk brakes and LSD. I got an xterra luggage rack for my truck. I will have to cut it up to make it fit but nothing I can't handle. I may have to go back for the axle but worry about changing from drum brakes to disk. All you change is the axle or do you have to change the master cylinder too? Any way my brother and I had a blast raiding the yard but I couldn't believe someone from here would doom their truck to death. I'll bet their wife made them do it!

James

Where the hell has he been, anyway?? I guess he doesn't love us anymore... :(

Well, it sucks him being where he needed to do this, but hey, you have to do what you have to do.

Besides, look at it this way, that's good NPORA advertising right there!! Anyone perusing that carcass will be interested. Think of it as supplying the parts and then explaining how to install them... :D

Gotta look on the bright side. :shrug:

B

At least he got more for it with CFC than if he traded or sold it. Most of the idiots who went CFC could have gotten more for their vehicle if they didn't go CFC. And now, anyone that needs parts (other than engine) can go get them from his former truck.

Didn't he have a targa bar? Someone should go yank that and the BL off before it becomes a pop can...

I think he had a homemade bar he mounted to the stock mounts.

12th posted pic down, in the link I posted above

Yeah it is was his truck

pics posted by him here

http://npora.ipbhost...=1entry336933

Didn't he have a targa bar? Someone should go yank that and the BL off before it becomes a pop can...

It had a light bar, looks like it got ripped off somewhere along the way. Pieces of it are still bolted on. Anything else I might be interested in removing from his old truck?

Does anyone remember the story with his rear springs, were they from a jeep or some aftermarket lift kit? I figured he might have just cleaned them and painted them red.

James

Edited by JamesRich

I bought my truck for 2.000 Euro, I have spent 2.700 Euro to make it work well. I hope to keep it 10 years more.

I don't think I will be so cruel to take it to the car destroyer until it will die.

:offtopic:

BTW where I can find a Npora sticker or two?

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt163/camsonat/Terrano/1059.jpg

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt163/camsonat/Terrano/1093.jpg

It had a light bar, looks like it got ripped off somewhere along the way. Pieces of it are still bolted on. Anything else I might be interested in removing from his old truck?

Does anyone remember the story with his rear springs, were they from a jeep or some aftermarket lift kit? I figured he might have just cleaned them and painted them red.

James

Search is your friend wink.gif

Rear springs:

http://npora.ipbhost...759entry16759

Note about the addition of the front arms (Which you can see in the first pic you posted):

http://npora.ipbhost...ndpost&p=381974

Advanced Seach Critieria was, his user name and just one word "Springs" which gave 6 results

I know all too well how bad it feels to see my Pathy in a salvage yard. I am so glad mine is back on the road again (and off road again). :)

It had to make him sick to let it go. We should make a pact to remove all NPORA stickers from now on if any of our rigs have to go to the big salvage yard in the sky. :)

MrJim

Guys I hope y'all knew I was joking about the "traitor" in the title. I know it had to hurt to give up his play toy. Personally I think the wife would have had to just drive the pathfinder for a while till we found her a new vehicle. I am just getting into playing with pathfinders but I have a Suzuki boulevard 109 that I ride every day to work and anywhere else I can have an excuse to ride. If I had to give it up I would probably cry like a baby. So anyway I didn't want to upset anyone, especially the member that owned it, I was just making a joke.

And 88 thanks for the links, I always try to search but I'm not good at it, mostly because I don't have much computer time.

James

We should make a pact to remove all NPORA stickers from now on if any of our rigs have to go to the big salvage yard in the sky. :)

MrJim

I dunno, like B said, it could be good advertising to new members, picking parts for their living pathfinders. That said, 20 years from now, (or so... I plan to keep it forever!) if someone finds half my pathfinder in a junk yard, I dont want to see pics. That would be the saddest thing ever.

• 3 months later...

We all have to do something we dont want to in life....I feel you man....I was like that when I got rid of my Miata...That was tough but it sure got rid of my bills...

:rofl: Im driving a Miata now.