this hurt

BigDanT

Damn, pretty good hit. I don't know how hard they are to get used down there, nut here that is an annoyance more than an expensive problem. The real pisser is if you had to swap over the U joints and don't have a press...

B

Damn, pretty good hit. I don't know how hard they are to get used down there, nut here that is an annoyance more than an expensive problem. The real pisser is if you had to swap over the U joints and don't have a press...

B

lol yeah good thing i have a workshop with a hoist. i'll pick one up tomoro with uni's

i think the correct term is it humped me good........ and without lube.was a very slow trip home as anything over 40kph the vibes shook so violently i thought i was inside a blender.

the slip yoke seal on the tx10 is THE ONLY SEAL ON THE TX10 THAT IS EASY. tap the dust cover off with a rubber hamer and the seal is right there on the end. pick it out and tap a new one in.

re-installing the dust cover is the hardest part, they are not perfect and will chime like a bell if you don't play with it a little to get it quiet.

the gears pump oil towards the seal to keep the speedo gear lubed so if no oil came out after the saft was out of the seal I suspect your t-case oil is low.

That is exactly why I carry a complete spare shaft. If you have a PullApart near by you can get one for about $12.

I hear ya, I do that and keep a spare rear axle with me at all times also!!

:blink:

Are you serious?? You drive around with a spare drive shaft?? Damn, that's hard core!! :D

B

got a price on the driveshaft today for a s/h they want $165 and when i went to pick it up it had a gouge near thr g/box end looks like someone tried to open it with a grinder

seriously guys thanks for the advice and support.

Edited by BigDanT