Hi from cairns australia

BigDanT

Hi guys i'm new as i have only found u guys in the last 24hrs. anyways i have a 87 2 door pathy that i love to death, she's a tough old girl asi have owned her for around 8 yrs. i'll upload a pic soon. so far i have done a 2 inch lift put aftermarket rims on her with a decent audio setup. currently a z24 5 speed but have an engine swap waiting for her.

Howdy Dan, and welcome!!

Glad you found us. I had the z24 in a d720 before I bought a pathy and while it is the most reliable motor I have ever owned, I wouldn't want one in a pathy. What motor swap do you plan on doing??

Looking forward to the pictures... :beer:

B

well i have 2 motors sitting in my shed 1 is an injected 5lt v8 from our holden commodore and the other is an ls1. so i'm leaning towards the ls1 as i can do the comversion legally here.i know i'll lose 4wd but it's going to be turned into a low rider showcar. so when i start on that project i'll put pics up for all to see. i don't think there will be a single are of the car left untouched. anyway i do all the work on cars myself as i have a set up work shop. but as i said i have another project on the go 1st. ill upload a pic for u guys to see what it is.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/2152/blackrims.jpg

Edited by BigDanT

i know i'll lose 4wd but it's going to be turned into a low rider showcar. so when i start on that project i'll put pics up for all to see.

Be prepared for some :stickwack: for doing that :lol:

Each to their own though

Welcome to the family Digga WAVEY

Welcome to the forum Dan ,

Is the engineer allowing with either of those engine choices you to stay with petrol . As the engineer would only allow LPG for me if i went the V8 option hence the reason i went with the V6 .

Cheers ,

Cyril

hey cyril yeah its still ulp. our mod laws must be diff from urs down there, he told me that i would need diff suspension rates and a major brake upgrade for a blue plate as well as a few other areas but legally i can do it. but i found this morn a supercharged six out of a calais so might look at that route.

welcome, be prepaired for a flogging if talk of lowering becomes work of lowering. You do have some interesting swap ideas goeing on... I'm sure you can find some good insperation to keep power at both ends of the truck around here though :aok:

hey guys here is a pic or 2 of my pathy. be kind the climate here aint good. she has been good considering i paid $500 for her 6yrs ago.

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/277/mistress1.jpg

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/7815/mistress2.jpg

Edited by BigDanT

HAHAHA!! That's great, got you turned around in a day... :D

Colbywan's ZAV is a personal favorite of mine and and many others. :aok:

I'll catch up eventually, he just got started well before I did...

well i have 2 motors sitting in my shed 1 is an injected 5lt v8 from our holden commodore and the other is an ls1. so i'm leaning towards the ls1 as i can do the comversion legally here.i know i'll lose 4wd but it's going to be turned into a low rider showcar. so when i start on that project i'll put pics up for all to see. i don't think there will be a single are of the car left untouched. anyway i do all the work on cars myself as i have a set up work shop. but as i said i have another project on the go 1st. ill upload a pic for u guys to see what it is.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/2152/blackrims.jpg

Damn, that's more motor than I expected!! Since you are going the other route, are you staying with the stock pusher??

B

Damn, that's more motor than I expected!! Since you are going the other route, are you staying with the stock pusher??

B

nah the z24 is gone. pulled out this morn. i will be trying ti find a conversion to allow me to keep 4x4 when it goes v8.

B

nah the z24 is gone. pulled out this morn. i will be trying ti find a conversion to allow me to keep 4x4 when it goes v8.

I know a few people have gone with the Holden 4.3 V6 without trouble, retained 4x4 and had much more power than stock. Just pointing it out; while the drive train is pretty solid (other than the IFS), if you double the horse power, there is going to be issues... :shrug:

B

ok as i have said i am new to this well my pathy anyway i only ever used it for a fishing trip/hunting and was really good, just need more power lol. i have even considered doing a performance build on the z24 just to keep it all together but yeah dunno how the engine would last. the stock one that was in it had 371k and never missed a beat just slow.

Hey Dan ,

Colby's Z.A.V is a sweet ride for sure :aok: , but your choices are huge and your minds not set yet so from experiance here's a few things to think of .

* Can you do the work yourself and how big is your budget

* If you go the V8 the radiator / engine mounts / wiring / fuel system ( carb to injection )/ suspension / rear driveshaft / brakes / sump etc will be custom meaning extra $$$

* If you go the V6 the radiator / engine mounts / wiring / fuel system ( carb to injection )/ suspension / rear driveshaft / brakes / sump etc will be custom meaning extra $$$

* then the G/Box to handle the power either V6 or V8

* Adapter from g/box to transfer case ( which t/case left or right drive ) if right then a sas is needed ( either patrol or hilux t/case is good )

* Will your engineer sign of on it :headwall:

* If V8 everything will need a strengh upgrade

* If V6 , brakes and driveshaft a must

If you've got the coin , tools and a love for the Pathy then do it . If you need support PM or the Oz section works .

yeah can do the work myself and i have a workshop in my shed with hoists, lathe, welders galore, presses so tools are all good. my engineer will sign off as long as i have done it properly. i get all parts,tools and material at trade prices (cheap as ) so yeah will be doing it over a few months.

yeah can do the work myself and i have a workshop in my shed with hoists, lathe, welders galore, presses so tools are all good. my engineer will sign off as long as i have done it properly. i get all parts,tools and material at trade prices (cheap as ) so yeah will be doing it over a few months.

Thats awesome Dan , wish i had a shed .

Post up some pics so we can watch it evolve .

Are you looking for more work Cyril??

Nick

If your implying about Dan's build i just thought 2yrs of research and a yr to build mine , i thought the info might help !

If you want a set of R50 Sliders built just ask Mate .

Huh, I learn something new every day: "New Zealand Land Transport Safety Authority requires all vehicle modifications are certified by an approved engineer."

I guess this is a bit more involved than paying an NYS licensed mechanic cash to overlook that little crack in the windshield and give you a sticker?