New to Nissan from FL

4wdRequired

Hello, all. I'm a lifelong off-roader and four wheeler. Just how many years that is I'll leave a little vague, if that gives you a clue. :whistle:

While I've had a lot of brands over the years, for some reason Nissan never entered the fleet before. Not generally on the short list of serious 4x4's in the states, I guess. Last off-roader was the H3. Probably one of only five in the country that ever left the pavement, I know...

Anyhoo, after some reliability issues with GM -the vehicle and the company- I decided to limit the next vehicle list to reliable manufacturers with a reliable midsize 4x4 with some towing capacity. So here I am.

Only had the rig a few months, and work has interfered seriously with my recreational time, so I've only had time for a little modest snow play in the NE a while back, and some sand and mud in the flats of FL. The traction control works well, and so far I'm impressed favorably.

On my list for the future is a front bumper to get rid of the air dam, *maybe* a lift since I also value on road handling, and some real lockers would be nice (and not much available for the R51, either). Also considering the Nismo header and Gibson cat-back. Don't know if I want to live with the noise every day, though.

Next big excursion for us will be CO and UT in the spring. We go there most years and hit the mountain jeep trails and the canyonlands around Moab.

Looking forward to generating some more discussion here on the R51's which seems a little slim.. :whip:

Thanks for hosting such a great site!

Hello, all. I'm a lifelong off-roader and four wheeler. Just how many years that is I'll leave a little vague, if that gives you a clue. :whistle:

While I've had a lot of brands over the years, for some reason Nissan never entered the fleet before. Not generally on the short list of serious 4x4's in the states, I guess. Last off-roader was the H3. Probably one of only five in the country that ever left the pavement, I know...

Anyhoo, after some reliability issues with GM -the vehicle and the company- I decided to limit the next vehicle list to reliable manufacturers with a reliable midsize 4x4 with some towing capacity. So here I am.

Only had the rig a few months, and work has interfered seriously with my recreational time, so I've only had time for a little modest snow play in the NE a while back, and some sand and mud in the flats of FL. The traction control works well, and so far I'm impressed favorably.

On my list for the future is a front bumper to get rid of the air dam, *maybe* a lift since I also value on road handling, and some real lockers would be nice (and not much available for the R51, either). Also considering the Nismo header and Gibson cat-back. Don't know if I want to live with the noise every day, though.

Next big excursion for us will be CO and UT in the spring. We go there most years and hit the mountain jeep trails and the canyonlands around Moab.

Looking forward to generating some more discussion here on the R51's which seems a little slim.. :whip:

Thanks for hosting such a great site!

H3 without 24s? Off road? Pics or it didn't happen :rofl: Seriously though kudos for actually using one. Welcome and enjoy your stay here in the land of Pathfinders

This is why Nissan isn't as widely recognized in the US as it could be. We're posting about this: :jacked::laugh:

2556703140101726108S200x200Q85.jpg

In all seriousness, the H3 is a very fine off-road machine, especially the ones like this with the 4:1 low range, 33's, and electric lockers. The biggest downside was poor visibility with the midget windows.

This year I plan to be in the same spot again with the PF.

Edited by 4wdRequired

Welcome old timer... :D

Looking forward to generating some more discussion here on the R51's which seems a little slim..

Yeah, well, most of us are poor and don't wheel brand new SUV's, we wait until we can buy them for $1200 first... :tongue:

Seriously though, congrats on the new Pathy and I'll be curious about your mods and general feed back.

B

Dido on B's response,but where never the last glad to have you.I"m not sure on the engine of the r51 but from what I under stand is a header on the newer nissans is good for a few more mpg on the high way(from a street truck mag)...A header and better exhaust is always a great bolt on and is one that always adds some power.