So Last Body Lift Question

pathydaddy

so all the body lifts i can find say there for 86-90... nothin that lists my 95 so is ther one out there for my 95 and if so where or will the 86-90 setup work? also none specify if it will work with an auto trans.. Im sorry i know this has been covered but i seem to be reading yes and no's so im looking for one last final answer as i got the money and wanna do it befoer the wife says no!!!

The difference is the 2 rear bolts, it's somewhere here about the correct kit(which is the same as the one your looking at, with the rearmost bolts swapped out) and it's also tucked somewhere around here about what bolts you can get to buy to use the older wd21 kit(the older wd kit is cheaper IIRC). They work on autos, theres enough people on here with them. The concern is the shifter cable length, which has enough slack in it(I'm guessing your looking at a 3" kit). You will have to mess with the floorboard a little or your shifter though no matter what to make 4 low usefull.

The difference is the 2 rear bolts, it's somewhere here about the correct kit(which is the same as the one your looking at, with the rearmost bolts swapped out) and it's also tucked somewhere around here about what bolts you can get to buy to use the older wd21 kit(the older wd kit is cheaper IIRC). They work on autos, theres enough people on here with them. The concern is the shifter cable length, which has enough slack in it(I'm guessing your looking at a 3" kit). You will have to mess with the floorboard a little or your shifter though no matter what to make 4 low usefull.

so i can use the older model kit and just buy 2 bolts for the rear? did i understand that correctly? it would just be bolts that are (preferably grade 8) same diameter thread pattern just 3 inches or so longer right?

Yes you understood correctly in that you use the earlier kit with different bolts... either used replacement bolts in place of the ones in the kit (Precise1 will be along with exact specs) or cut out the captive nuts and use whatever bolts you can easily acquire in the correct length. And depending on the condition of the rear bolts on your truck now, you may have to cut them out anyway.

i got the kit from 4x4 parts and it comes with all the hardware and a bunch of spare bolts that i had no idea where they go. the only thing i had to do is drop the radiator so it fit with the fan, i flipped the upper mounting brackets upside down and it dropped it perfectly. i had to cut the body where the lower radiator supports usually went and weld in some small tubing so the rubber mounts will fit in(still haven't got around to it) the rear bumper had to have new holes drilled to fit closer, and the rear license plate bracket i cut in half and flipped upside down and it looks good now. the brake lines have to be stretched at the coils. and my p/s reservoir still isnt bolted down but the line is in a body clip so it dont move around.

In all seriousness, pretty everything you could possibly need or want to know is covered here.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=5325

The rear most bolts in question are M12x1.25x150mm for the 2" lift and M12x1.25x180 for the 3" lift.

If you do a 2" lift, read about the mid body captive bolts in the above thread.

if it will work with an auto trans..

It will, don't pay any attention to that.

so i can use the older model kit and just buy 2 bolts for the rear? did i understand that correctly? it would just be bolts that are (preferably grade 8) same diameter thread pattern just 3 inches or so longer right?

Yes, yes and yes... ;)

Precise1 will be along with exact specs)

And... Done!!! :takebow:

:lol:

B

• 1 month later...

so all the body lifts i can find say there for 86-90... nothin that lists my 95 so is ther one out there for my 95 and if so where or will the 86-90 setup work? also none specify if it will work with an auto trans.. Im sorry i know this has been covered but i seem to be reading yes and no's so im looking for one last final answer as i got the money and wanna do it befoer the wife says no!!!

https://www.4x4parts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=117_354&products_id=277

There's a link for a kit for a 95. The best part of this kit is it has the longer bolts that you need for the 95.