Cylinder Locks

beastpath

My drivers side cylinder lock decided to snap on me the other day so I need to replace it. The passenger side has been broken for a while.

I found an aftermarket set of just the two door locks online for 40 bucks, or nissan sells the complete set including the ignition, rear hatch, door locks, and glove compartment for around 200.

I'm thinking I might just go for the cheaper option and use two keys for a while. What do you guys think?

Also,I know I saw a WD21 on cardomain with some kind of "security locks" but IDK if those are just B$. Anyone heard of any other options out there?

Security locks? Ain't locks FOR security? Or were they those ricer APC things that look like a old pop machine key? I'd personally just get a pair from a junkyard truck while hunting other parts. They ain't that hard IIRC(last locks I pulled were for a no optioned Hardbody, don't know if power locks makes them different) and can easily fall into a toolbag/pocket along with the key. Plus you can test them that way first.

Most pick-a-parts I go to the key is generally on the seat or in the ignition, of course I can be mean at times, like keychains, and can be too lazy to remove other things connected

lol. must be nice. i've never seen a key in a jy vehicle.

Meh, lets just say I have an extensive collection of Nissan keys...Locksmith idea... I like it, especially since you would have the locks in your hand and not some on site job.

yeah, i think ill get the 2 new front locks and get them re-keyed - make life a little easier for me.

then next time i'm at the JY ill pick up a few lock cylinders for spares

Thanks guys.

So what do you mean by "snapped" on you? Does the cylinder just spin when you turn the key or did the key break off in the lock? I have fixed a few Nissan locks and all it took was replacing a cheap ($0.79) plastic tab on the lock mechanism.

So what do you mean by "snapped" on you? Does the cylinder just spin when you turn the key or did the key break off in the lock? I have fixed a few Nissan locks and all it took was replacing a cheap ($0.79) plastic tab on the lock mechanism.

the actual metal part on the tumbler snapped/was shorn off. ill take a pic when I take them out.