Rip 94' Pathfinder

AeroSync

I was driving back home from a party at my aunt's house. I was going 60MPH on the highway on cruiser control, when all of a sudden I hear a loud noise from under the front of the truck, like if something metal hit another metal thing, and then it bounced off the road or something like that. The Nissan instantly dropped RPMS to 0, the check engine light went on, and it turned off. I coasted to the side of the road. On the engine, when you crank it you see the crankshaft moving, but not the timing belt. Oh snap, good bye engine. :headwall: :headwall:

Edited by AeroSync

3.0's and 3.3's come used from japan @ a very low price. ($700-1,200) with 50-80k on them. What happens is in Japen the have inspections every 2 yrs to keep the roads clean if the vehclie has a drip RMS, oil pan, somtimes they don't care they just put in a new engine instead and the nearly new engines get imported to the US where we fix (or don't fix) the leak and install em.

I wish you luck and not to be a smart ass but please keep your timing covers on if your get a new VG.

most junkyards offer a small warrentee on their motor whe nthey pull them. the one around me offers a 60 day warrentee and the motor is like 250 bucks so its a damn good deal. I know where i would go if i blew a motor. I be it wouldnt take more then a weekend to swap one too since its the same motor just unclip things and undo the motor mounts and pull it out and do the same puttin it back in. Just take a bunch of pictures of the wires so u know where they go. we swapped my freinds sr20 which involves messing with the wireharness in in a weekend. my freind can swap honda motors in 3 hours. for the most part if its the same motor the wires practically fall where they are suppose to go and clip in.

Edited by edicer2

The white walls came with the truck, I just took my off road tires off and put these back on since I sold the other ones.

Under $500 with warranty? Where?

LKQ

Craigslist

Ebay

Anylocal wrecking yard

Craigslist and Ebay are less likely to offer any warranty, and of course ebay you have to factor in shipping.

If you are real savvy, open to a little risk and have the storage space, you can buy one that has been wrecked on the side or rear, or has had the tranny go out on craigslist or the local Autotrader or similar magazine for $400-$800, take the engine out and whatever else you might want, and part the rest out, then sell the shell to a scrap yard for $50-$100 per ton and break even or make money.

I see early 90's pathys all the time that have had the auto tranny crap out and people are selling for under $800. Which always gets my brain spinning.....