Why Are You Locking The Doors?

JesseLivingston

After I bought my truck it became quite apparent I need a spare key pronto! Every now and then (completely random) my truck locks the doors. Whether I'm in it or not, running or not. Example... I have a gate at the end of my driveway, put truck in park, open door, close door, door locks, "#*!!#&%", retrieve spare key, open door etc... I took out the control box, cleaned it and it was fine for about six months and now it's doing it again. Very annoying. Anyone else experience the same problem?

Wow. Glad this has happened to others. I went to pick my buddy up from the bus station after not seeing him for like 6 years. I got out, Left it running, gave him a hug, and he opened up the passenger door and before he got in I said hey man, lets just throw your bag in the back. He said alright, he shut his door and click. All the doors locked. So there we sit. Vehicle running, Only key I own. Cell phone sitting in the ash try. Used a Pay Phone to call CAA to come unlock my freaking door. 45 minutes I waited there looking like I've never been able to get my @!*% together to my buddy from years past. haha. Thanks for the link. hope it works.

After I bought my truck it became quite apparent I need a spare key pronto! Every now and then (completely random) my truck locks the doors. Whether I'm in it or not, running or not. Example... I have a gate at the end of my driveway, put truck in park, open door, close door, door locks, "#*!!#&%", retrieve spare key, open door etc... I took out the control box, cleaned it and it was fine for about six months and now it's doing it again. Very annoying. Anyone else experience the same problem?

Yes it happened to me more than once. I got locked out of the truck running for almost 2 hours. I never close the door now if the keys are in the truck.

Yep I got locked out a couple times, now I roll the window down (& have a spare key in bumper & Wallet)

Was 10 below and I had to run out and unlock the gate at work on a Saturday as we were getting shipments (I was there alone)

Doors locked as I got out to open the gate... Doors at work auto-lock also... And not a good time to have my sandles on.

Going to give that fix a try (both my pathies do it so I guess I try it on the spare first!-)

mine does it all the time randomly its usually when i am close my door they all lock or every once ina while when i pull the outside handle they will lock. sometimes they lock and unlock again its weird. I am going t otry this though if people find the exact location of it please let me know so i can find mine and fix this or buy a new one and replace it if i screw mine up sodering it lol.

I was being sarcastic, I know it's how it's supposed to be. I'd rather have the real problem of the doors NOT unlocking when you close the doors without pulling up the handle like my old '87. Although it can be somewhat nice if you forget your keys in the ignition.

mine lock on their own when i get in and out. say i open the door and get into the car and close the door more times then not they lock, sometimes when driving they lock and unlock (really fast), sometimes when i unlock my pathy from the outside and i pull the handle to open the door they lock. SO it has to be that stupid little box in the back.

its on the driver side rear, pop the panel off behind the rear seat and there you go. IIRC 1 screw to get get it off. I didn't do the desolder/resolder thing I just hit it with a solder gun to melt the solder back where it should be and it's been fine for about 6 months now, really easy fix. If it happens again I'll to a desolder/resolder job

I didn't get a pic, but I can take one tomorrow, its not hard to find, once you pop the panel off it'll be staring you in the face

btw I went back and looked at that tutorial (been a while) it's not where that guy was doin it, he was doin it on a Q45, apparently completely different locations but the exact same timer and problem

Edited by headpeace

It great when you let people borrow the car and you warn them but they don't listen. I can't tell you how many times I've told someone about it and then they lock themselves out of the car. Mechanics notoriously lock themselves out. One time I had someone borrow the pathfinder and they locked themselves out... they were so embarrased they hired a locksmith to come open the door rather than ask to borrow the spare key. I warned them!

its on the driver side rear, pop the panel off behind the rear seat and there you go. IIRC 1 screw to get get it off. I didn't do the desolder/resolder thing I just hit it with a solder gun to melt the solder back where it should be and it's been fine for about 6 months now, really easy fix. If it happens again I'll to a desolder/resolder job

I couldn't find the box. Can you be a bit more specific on where it is located on a 94 LE.