Wd21 Pathfinder Panhard Drop Bracket

I have seen many people asking for this so I made a simple drawing to guide someone if they are interested in building their own panhard bar drop bracket. It should probably be built from 3/16" steel plate or cold roll flat bar. It's basically two pieces of steel with a few holes separated by a plate at the top and a piece of tubing supporting the original bolt hole.

Panhard_Drop_Bracket.jpg

And here's a Picture for those that need to visualize it. This is taken from an Old thread that 88 had up ages ago i think.

PanhardDropdownBracket.jpg

Hope that helps as well.

Edited by Dowser

The drop would be 70mm in that drawing. I thought that would be about right for a 3" lift after it has settled. That can be changed to accommodate any lift though. The top of the bracket would lie inside the original mount instead of around the outside. There is a lip on the outside of the stock mount and this would not require modification of that bracket. This is basically a copy of the Calmini bracket. The only difference is the tube between the sides instead of a strap along the back.

YA Calmini makes one but from what I understand you can't buy it on its own. You need to buy their whole suspension kit to get it.... Least thats what they told me about 3 years ago when I called.

YA Calmini makes one but from what I understand you can't buy it on its own. You need to buy their whole suspension kit to get it.... Least thats what they told me about 3 years ago when I called.

I think they told me something like 60 bucks when I called. but then I made my own. the upper hole is slotted and there is a nudge screw on the side. Tightening the nudge screw while the upper and middle bolts are loose pivots the bracket arround the center bolt for axle centering. once centered the setting is locked in by a jam nut on the nudge screw and by tightening down the upper and middle bolts.

th_PHDbracket.jpg th_PHDdifferances.jpg th_PHDinside.jpg th_PHDclose.jpg

Somone on here reccomended designing a bracket that raises the axle side of the bar instead of dropping the frame side. In theroy this would raise the roll center and make it more stable. I may try to do that one day.

Edited by MY1PATH

I stand corrected then. Wonder why they told me that then. Perhaps they were not available at that time or something. I just remember getting off the phone thinking what a load of crap. Glad to see they are available now. but $100 bucks shipped is a pretty expensive bracket if you ask me.

Edited by Dowser

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Somone on here reccomended designing a bracket that raises the axle side of the bar instead of dropping the frame side. In theroy this would raise the roll center and make it more stable. I may try to do that one day.

Ya, it's a better way to go. I'm finishing off my long arm rear 5-link this week and I'll be doing a bracket to raise the trac bar at the axle. I can't figure out how to post pics on here (which is why my build thread is dormant) so I'll provide a link to a different forum with my build after the bracket is done.