Questions

ac92pathfinder

i have a 95 pathfinder and i use it for work alot. meaning paper delivery. i make tons of u turns and turns. my question is when i do make these turns when the lsd gets in on pavement does it kinda chew up the tires on the rear? i been noticeing some wear. my other question is that i see people on here butting a maxima alternator. whats the diffrence in a pathfinder alt and a maxima? whats it do to the pathfinder? also i noticed on my dash i got this round black thing on the defrost vent. what does that do? thanks

i have a 95 pathfinder and i use it for work alot. meaning paper delivery. i make tons of u turns and turns. my question is when i do make these turns when the lsd gets in on pavement does it kinda chew up the tires on the rear? i been noticeing some wear.

Sounds like you're turning too hard. The LSD should not kick in unless there's wheel spin.

my other question is that i see people on here butting a maxima alternator. whats the diffrence in a pathfinder alt and a maxima? whats it do to the pathfinder?

90 amp vs. a Pathfinder 60-70 amp.

also i noticed on my dash i got this round black thing on the defrost vent. what does that do? thanks

Picture.

I belive the last Q is your mirror control...is there a little flat switch under it...?If so then that is what it is...

The tire Q is,your turning to hard and getting tire spin...to solve this,turn turn so hard(sometimes this is hard to do) or just replace the rear tires with used ones that you picked up for cheap and dont worry about it...

Edited by nismothunder

thanks for the replies i'll take a pic of it later on today. the thing on the dash is a round black thing like a size of a dime or nickle and i see no small switch the mirror control right next to the steering wheel but the drivers door. as for the maxima alternator does it make it run better or just more amps? as for the tire wear i do make sharp u turns and turns. it does kick in when i make turns in the parking garages at the motels.

IIRC the black round thing is a sensor for I think the auto in cabin temp control. 90 amp alt is better when your running extra driving/offroad lights, amps etc..

he right about the black thing i have one in my pathy

also i noticed on my dash i got this round black thing on the defrost vent. what does that do? thanks

I thought that is where on Non-US models the optical sensor for the daytime running lights was mounted.

Edited by Alkorahil

as for the tire wear i do make sharp u turns and turns. it does kick in when i make turns in the parking garages at the motels.

No you shouldnt feel it grab doing turns like that at parking lot speeds.

You will notice it more on wet/ice when you take a curve a little fast, you will feel one side 'grab' as it gains traction around the turn.