I Need Some Input

Pentzy

Welcome Pentzy and thanks for joining!!

As has already been said, there is plenty of info on lifts including specific how-to instructions. Once you know which lift information to search for you shouldn't have any problems, but if you do, let me know. :beer:

B

Little more specific, suspension or body lift? What brand? What automotive

skill level you honestly consider yourself?

Its a 3" body lift from performance acc. I would consider myself average when it comes to working on vehicles. I can take anything apart and get it back together fine but when it comes to internals i stay away. I have a couple buddys who really know what there doing though. So if you have any tips or tricks to do with anything not just the lift that'd be great. Thanks man.

When I installed the 3" body lift I was quite surprised at how easy it was! Time consuming but easy. I didn't have to remove any of the brake/fluid lines from the frame unlike what the instructions said. I simply spread apart the coiled brake lines. I had a steering joint spacer fabricated as opposed to using the longer shaft, which saved me so much frustration. I cut off the bottom of the rad shrowed, remove the fuel filter and the power steering resevoir from the body, can be repositioned after. You'll need about 4' of an 8' 4x4 post for jacking help. The hardest part was making all the new skirts, I was able to drill some new holes in the rear bumper and remount it so it looks stock. unbolt the fuel filler hoses and extend, uhm, the drive shaft horseshoe will need to be extended. Take front seats out. You'll see as you go along, I recommmend doing it slowly and rechecking engine compartment often. I also need to re-do upper and lower rad hoses, but one worked for the other (upper to lower or vice versa) Make sure you take before and after pics too. If you run into any major problems feel free to e-mail. Good luck and the most important thing is to have plenty of beer on hand bercause you wont be driving your truck to get more until your done!

Try and find a D21 truck at a junkyard and grab the transfer case shifter. Otherwise you either have to modify your current shifter or cut a notch in the floorboard in order to shift into low range.

Also unless you got the body lift from 4x4parts.com you'll need to get longer bolts for the rear body mounts.

Welcome to the site! And post a picture of your rig! WAVEY