Dual Tx10S

Marks 4wd is willing to make a tx10 verison of there tx12 (patrol tcase).

G'Day Barry,

Thank you for your email & interest in our products. The dual transfer case kit we do for the Patrol's will not suit the TX10 transfer case. Although they look similar they are different internally. We could look at doing a kit to suit your transfers but we would need a minimum order or 10 plus 50% deposit up front

We are looking at keeping the cost the same as the Nissan Patrol dual adaptor. Kit would have same components, adaptor, shaft, & bearing. You would need to do a shifter set up for your rigs . AUD $ = $927.27 US depending on exchange rate approx US$725 based on .78cents. Shipping not included in price

Keep in touch & let us know how you go. Time frame would be approx 6-10 weeks as we have to have patterns made for the adaptor etc

This is there TX12 version.

Note they make the adpater that connects to range boxs. So you have 2 gear ratios. 2:1, 4:1. But if you have 4:1 gears in one box. You get 3 ratios. 2:1, 4:1 and 8:1. :cool:

More details here:

http://www.marks4wd.com/products/gearmaster/Nissan-gq-gu-dual-tc.htm

Can we round up 10+ folks with tx10s?

I added the tx12 instructions here. 8megs!!! http://nissannut.com/marks4wd/MFK1595.pdf

More pix here; http://nissannut.com/marks4wd

This is what comes in the kit.

kit_parts.JPG

dual_shifters.JPG

shifters.JPG

http://nissantrailriders.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=443

So Barry, we would have to make our own shift linkages for that price?!? I mean i know its a moot point, but damn, paying a G to get the kit here maybe more, and then on top of it I have to modify it seems a little off to me....

So Barry, we would have to make our own shift linkages for that price?!? I mean i know its a moot point, but damn, paying a G to get the kit here maybe more, and then on top of it I have to modify it seems a little off to me....

No. The kit comes with all the custom shift parts shown in the picture above. You have to supply the Nissan shift parts. You only have to make a steel rod from the shifter to the lever similar to the stock one. Or lenghten the stock one. $5 of steel.

This is the MAIN reason I want this compared to an atlas or a dana 300. I love the tx10 shifter. Its simple and solid. The shifters are OEM and IMO much better than the $300 cable setup.

do you know if he will make more after this run, or is this like a 1 time deal where if i dont get it now its gone forever

It will be a normal stocked item. If they make it. I have 10 or so people interested. Hopefully we can all come up with the money for the initial build to get the product made.

I'm sure that stub was designed like that for a reason.

Also i'm glad that they are willing to do this. i was on the phone with NWF recently talking about doing this very thing. and i'm with barry on the tx-10 shifters.. i like the way they work.

I'd be willing to help move these here in the states as well.

good work and keep us updated.

Edited by SteeevO

I'm sure that stub was designed like that for a reason.

Also i'm glad that they are willing to do this. i was on the phone with NWF recently talking about doing this very thing. and i'm with barry on the tx-10 shifters.. i like the way they work.

I'd be willing to help move these here in the states as well.

good work and keep us updated.

I was going to ask you about this. Since they normally sell through advance adapters. And you had advance make the atlas adapter. Be awesome if you (ruggedrocks.com) could sell these.

Those pix are the old tx12 design. I have no idea what your talking about bad design. Not sure if the tx10 will be same or not.

I was going to ask you about this. Since they normally sell through advance adapters. And you had advance make the atlas adapter. Be awesome if you (ruggedrocks.com) could sell these.

Those pix are the old tx12 design. I have no idea what your talking about bad design. Not sure if the tx10 will be same or not.

If you look at the end of the shaft, where the main shaft turns into the input for the adaptor, the shoulder is square. thats a bad design.

Look at this one...

DSCF0638.jpg

see how it slopes down to the spline secion?

yeah i knew what you were talking about. i'm thinking there is a reason behind it though. I could be wrong. i guess just defending them for some reason or just having high hopes.

hopefully we can get this adapter to be a reality as well.

• 4 months later...

I talked to Marks 4WD in Australia today.

We're looking at taking orders for the tx-10 doubler fairly soon.

I'll post a new thread with more info when the time comes. :bounce:

Edited by SteeevO