Teardrop Camper For Pathy?

Scaramoche

Cheers all,

Now that my pathy is running great, I'm starting a new project. I'm building a teardrop camper to pull behind my pathy(i camped every weekend this summer, and really dont want to sleep on the rocky ground here in NM) What i'm currious about is has anyone built one? any advice etc. I'm building the harbor frieght one(the one that uses the trailer they sale). I'm pretty much going to stick to the plans, but make it a bit taller.

Regards,

Scaramoche

This is the first one that I have heard of. Any links??

There have been some people making pathy trailers out of the rear half of another pathy. They look kinda cool and should be sleepable if you do it right and are under 6'6".

B

Ya, It's not really difficult(rebuilding an engine on the other hand lol) It's more just a paitence game. I'm on disability, and find I have alot of time on my hands, also being on a fixed income I find that building a trailer is ALOT cheaper than purchasing one.

The sight ive been refering to is

http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/index.php

This site is full of all kinds of info. Kinda like this site, but for teardrops. On the top of the main paige is links to designs patterns etc.

Also Harbor frieght doesnt have a kit for them, but what they do is sale utility trailers. The plans for the HB teardrop are on that sight. It takes the difficult part of "Making, a trailer" out of the equations, so all you have to focus on is the woodwork. IE I dont own any welding gear, and would probably be horrible at it :P.

The thing I really enjoy about these, is the teardrops are relativly inexpensive. We have alot of construction sites here in abq, and ive been grabbing wood stock, wire, etc(with there permision),, The only thing I really need to purchase now is the trailer(getting dec 3 from HF), 3-4 sheets of plywood, and 3 sheets of1/4 inch ply. I have plenty of wood stock now to do the cabinets etc.

I figure(because i dont have anything else to do) I should have it finished within,2 months.

Regards,

Scaramoche

Yeah, I have all the wood and metal skills to build one, it is just sourcing the nice sheet for covering it as well as all the doors, windows, seals and other hardware for it.

Lack of $$$ keeps me from doing a lot of projects that would be really easy for me.

Yeah, I have all the wood and metal skills to build one, it is just sourcing the nice sheet for covering it as well as all the doors, windows, seals and other hardware for it.

Lack of $$$ keeps me from doing a lot of projects that would be really easy for me.

I completly get the whole lack of $$$ thing :P. Im going to finish it with laquer, give it a woody look, almost all of the homebuilts are done this way and look awesome. As for windows doors, seals etc...Craigslist ftw, well that and Ive picked up all kinds of stuff, ie molding, trim, even a couple of latchs at the job sites(amazed at what they through away).

Cant wait till the payday lol, ohh on that note, I'm trading a computer for a 1970's chopper(motorcycle) lol, did i say i love CL