Secret Santa's 2009

SC88Pathy

Hooray another year of Secret Santas!

Expect to receive your Santa-ee soon!

So for those of you who haven't done this before here's how this works:

Post in here that you want to join up, then send me a PM with: your name (real name is preferred, only use an alias if it's absolutely necessary), your address, and your preference for whether you'd accept an international Santa-ee. The PM is the important part. If you don't PM me you don't get on the list, that simple.

Later after I have closed sign ups you will receive your Santa-ee from me! You then send a gift to that person, and wait patiently for your gift to arrive from your Santa. This is really quite fun, and brings the board together.

RULES

1. Sign ups will end Nov. 27th at 12PM Pacific Time! I will not figure out what time this is for you, you're all grown ups (well age wise at least) figure it out yourself.

2. You MUST send your gift BEFORE Dec 24, 2009. Any gifts that are not received by Jan 1, 2010 will result in contact by the moderators. If you can not prove that you sent a gift (proof means two forms of confirmation IE gift receipt and delivery confirmation number.) Those who do not send a gift will be banned, and I will personally mail you a big lump of dog sh*t. I am not kidding about this. Hell I might make it a monthly subscription.

2.Subsection a. Get a delivery confirmation number and keep all receipts for your gift and shipping! You are responsible for not getting yourself banned. Take pictures of you buying your gift and shipping it if you'd like, the more evidence you have the better.

3. HAVE FUN! Remember this is supposed to be a fun activity. If this doesn't sound like fun to you don't sign up.

4. There is no maximum amount you can spend on your Santa-ee. The minimum amount you should spend is $10, $20 is better. Do unto others applies here. DON'T COMPLAIN IF YOU SENT SOMEBODY AN ARB BUMPER AND GOT A DVD. Times are tough, so if you can give do so! But don't be expecting a lavish gift in return.

5. Put some thought into what you send your Santa-ee. There will be a separate thread to post your wish list after all of the Santa-ee's have been sent out.

6. HAVE FUN! I thought it would be good to put this twice. :D

7. If you haven't been a member for at least six months and/or do not have that much forum activity you won't be allowed to participate. Sorry, but this is a precaution to prevent deadbeat Santas.

I will put up a list here that will be updated daily of who has signed up. If you think your name should be on the list but it isn't assume you have messed up somewhere and send me another PM.

Precise1

Pezzy

MY1PATH

nismothunder

k9sar

SilverPath

BowTied

AdamZan

UNCCPathfinder

RedPath88

JUDGE

GrimGreg

GoPathyGo

PS

Definitions

Santa: He who sends the gift

Santa-ee: He who receives the gift

You will be somebody's Santa and somebody else's Santa-ee, got it? If not please ask somebody else to explain it to you.

Edited by SC88Pathy

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UNCC send me a PM with your current address.

Also their is something I didn't originally put in the OP that I should have. While we value all of our memebers here at NPORA if you haven't been around for at least 6 months and/or haven't shown a bit of activity on the forums you won't be allowed to participate. This is just a precaution to prevent someone from becoming a "deadbeat" Santa.

OP will be updated accordingly.

Also if you've been on the fence NOW is the time to decide! 25 hours left until sign ups close!

I wondered the same myself.

Admittedly, I didn't see this topic until today! Not sure why, I guess I haven't been as active here as of late. Maybe this thread needs the dead line extended to the 30th?

blush.gif

Admittedly, I didn't see this topic until today! Not sure why, I guess I haven't been as active here as of late. Maybe this thread needs the dead line extended to the 30th?

blush.gif

I was thinking about extending it, there is a time factor at play here, we want all of the gifts to arrive before Christmas.

Maybe I'll extend it to Sunday night (the 29th)

Hooray another year of Secret Santas!

4. There is no maximum amount you can spend on your Santa-ee. The minimum amount you should spend is $10, $20 is better. Do unto others applies here. DON'T COMPLAIN IF YOU SENT SOMEBODY AN ARB BUMPER AND GOT A DVD.

But don't let that discourage you from sending the ARB bumper, ideally to my address in Washington, DC. :D

I'll sign up. Been really swamped but still all about the Pathy. :) However, the SAS project has blown huge holes in my wallet. So um hope someone here likes DVDs...