The Fender Flares

XcrawlerkidX

This is just a reminder if you still have your fender flares on you might want to take them off cause all the mud,sand,and snow will eat away your truck if you don't.. It will only take you about 10 or 20 min. but it all depends if you have the right stuff.. And also if you have beefy tires it make your truck look badass

It's also highly ILLEGAL in many states - please be sure to check state and local regulations. I know here in PA, our tires cannot stick out past the "body" of the truck, but fender flares count as the "body" for this regulation. I've seen some people use 6 inch wide fender flares to cover up huge tires!!!

pulling them off to clean, and seal them is a good idea, but here in Da Cheez (WI) we get pulled over for it (I put my stock tires back on to get by.

Pathy looks more like a Jap-Jeep without flares, I like them on but need to find some aftermarkets to fit.

It is a good idea to clean the crap out at least in spring and fall.

Here the frame rusts before any of that!-)

:itsallgood:

in CA i know your tires can't stick out more than 2" (mini's do and i got pulled over once for it in CA). here in indiana i am not running flares on either of my trucks now. just took kings after market flares off this week and have had no issues with cops. mini hasn't had flares in 3 years

Well i live in Maine and when it snows and they put that salt @!*% down it eats away your car or truck. And were I go wheeling (on the Stud Mill Road, Maine) Theres everything from dirt roads to big ass mud holes. :beer: Have never got her stuck. Happy Wheeling everybody. WAVEY . P.S. Happy Turkey Eatin Day!!! A.K.A. Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

It's also highly ILLEGAL in many states - please be sure to check state and local regulations. I know here in PA, our tires cannot stick out past the "body" of the truck, but fender flares count as the "body" for this regulation. I've seen some people use 6 inch wide fender flares to cover up huge tires!!!

Gotta watch if you got a SOB trooper as well, Hope your smarter and can still be nice about it. Got a couple PA Trooper stories. (and IIRC the flares are only allowed to be 3" bigger than factory equipped ones 'legally')

pulling them off to clean, and seal them is a good idea, but here in Da Cheez (WI) we get pulled over for it (I put my stock tires back on to get by.

Pathy looks more like a Jap-Jeep without flares, I like them on but need to find some aftermarkets to fit.

It is a good idea to clean the crap out at least in spring and fall.

Here the frame rusts before any of that!-)

:itsallgood:

Last I checked it's recommended you spray the underbody of the truck after the winter. I imagine you'd get the flares as well.

Last I checked it's recommended you spray the underbody of the truck after the winter. I imagine you'd get the flares as well.

Crap gets caught between the flares and panels, just spraying don't do too much there.

I spray the underbody of mine every 2 weeks if it's been in contact with salt. So far, minimal frame rust.

i removed the stock ones and put on aftermarket rubber flares. in oz you cant have the top of the tyre past the guard so rubber flares are the way to go. especially when youre on the beach, nothing worse thab getting sand in the window rubbers and winding up and down the windows. scratches the crap out of them. but i sparayed lanolin under them before installing

i have never liked the flares, and will never put them back on. i was lucky and had minimal damage to mini's fenders from them rubbing, with king, not so lucky. i have bare metal marks all the way around the fenders from his flares. now i have to sand down and re paint all his fenders so they don't rust off out here P...