Quick Question

87Elephant

I have a ingition problem with the 89 , it doesnt have a key to start so i bought it without a key , but it has a switch thatll start it with anything flat.. screw driver..other keys.. sometimes dimes.. Ghetto i kno :P

is there any possible chance i can switch the ingition from the 87 and install it in the 89. ? would it work?

As long as the 89 is a TBI injected 2 door, I'm betting there would be no issue??

One good double check is to go to a parts site (like rockauto or courtesyparts or something) and look up the parts you want to exchange to see if there are different listings/part numbers for the different years. It's not a perfect check, but a good place to start.

B

BTW, isn't that Steeevo's truck?? (ruggedrocks.com)

As long as the 89 is a TBI injected 2 door, I'm betting there would be no issue??

One good double check is to go to a parts site (like rockauto or courtesyparts or something) and look up the parts you want to exchange to see if there are different listings/part numbers for the different years. It's not a perfect check, but a good place to start.

B

BTW, isn't that Steeevo's truck?? (ruggedrocks.com)

Ok thanks :) i hope itll work :) , oo idk i just snagged a pic off the internet real quick.. was in ahurry had to got o the dentist..

The switch part should interchange with any year, I have the electrical end off of a 94 in my 88, and it was the exact same as the original 88 one, same connector even, which was the biggest shock.

okay , so its with what your saying its just plug n play? okay thats good to know :) cause i really wanna be able to drive it around and park it without the chance of it getting stolen :P

okay , so its with what your saying its just plug n play? okay thats good to know :) cause i really wanna be able to drive it around and park it without the chance of it getting stolen :P

Yes, however the keyed part is held in with security bolts (for obvious reasons) that usually need drilled out to remove.