Vehicle Stolen?

RedPath88

:aok:

Van stolen 35 years ago is recovered

Posted on November 6, 2009 at 6:51 AM

Updated today at 12:41 PM

SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) — A Volkswagen van stolen 35 years ago from Spokane has been found in a shipping container at the Los Angeles/Long Beach seaport.

The Spokesman-Review newspaper reported that customs agents found the 1965 van on Oct. 19 when they opened a shipping container bound for The Netherlands. Running the vehicle identification number revealed it was still listed as stolen. The current owner is an insurance company, which presumably paid off the owner. The original owner has not been identified.

Law officers said the van, which is in great shape, was reported stolen from a repair shop on July 12, 1974, while Spokane was hosting the 1974 World's Fair.

The California Highway Patrol is investigating.

I was talking to a guy who runs an import/export business dealing in old cars. Apparently VW busses are really hard to find in Northern Europe. The guy runs most of his business exporting VW Busses and 60's Mustangs to the Netherlands.

Also importing a car more than 25 years old to the US is exceedingly simple. Only requires one form. I told him he should look for Nissan Patrols and Toyota Land Cruisers to import back to the states.

I was talking to a guy who runs an import/export business dealing in old cars. Apparently VW busses are really hard to find in Northern Europe. The guy runs most of his business exporting VW Busses and 60's Mustangs to the Netherlands.

Also importing a car more than 25 years old to the US is exceedingly simple. Only requires one form. I told him he should look for Nissan Patrols and Toyota Land Cruisers to import back to the states.

ive seen 2 OLD patrols on gl4x4.com (regional 4x4 site) and i was like....wtf?!

What if someone was restoring the VW bus, and found that VIN @ a junkyard......LOL, that would stink