Reiter Closed?

MY1PATH

Ok so there is some talk about Reiter being closed on ThumperTalk.com (motorcycle forums) and I was wondering if you guys have heard this and wtf is up with that? me and Mr. Jim were just there last month and we had a blast, I'd hate to think we can't roll there again....

RECREATION PLANNING IN A WORKING FOREST

The Department of Natural Resources (DNR), recreation users, and citizens are working together to develop a plan for future recreation needs in Reiter Foothills.NOTE: Beginning November 2, Reiter Foothills will be closed temporarily to everything but foot traffic. Trail construction and restoration underway. Area will re-open as soon as possible in 2010.

More info at:

http://www.dnr.wa.gov/RecreationEducation/Topics/RecreationPlanning/Pages/amp_rec_reiter_foothills.aspx

there is no scheduled re-opening date.

it will re-open and will be completely different.

I know many of the people working on this.

it is closed as of Nov 2nd.

BTW..it has been anounced for some time now.

Wow, that is a bummer... I bet it has some to do with all of the crosses around the place where people have died. I wonder if they are doing things to make parts of it safer?

Its a shame that it will be closed for so long. I love that place...

Jim

Wow, that is a bummer... I bet it has some to do with all of the crosses around the place where people have died. I wonder if they are doing things to make parts of it safer?

Its a shame that it will be closed for so long. I love that place...

Jim

Nothing to do with that jim.

Mostly its due to over use. water ways being contaminated and turbidity is a problem.

the trails up there are pretty safe. the biggest problem is people with non capable rigs trying to go places they can't.

when you were up there i gurantee you didn't even hit 5% of the trails.

so, whats going to happen is all trails that have XXX (don't know the exact number) of elevation gain over a certain distance will be closed (erosion). all trails that have water crossings will be closed or have a proper hard bed put in to stop the turbidity.

In addtion there will be a proper staging area, the lower lot will probably be closed. and eventually a proper camp ground.

If you sign up on NW-wheelers. com you can find out whats going on. However, be carefull on that site there is a lot of BS and drama.

wade through the BS and you'll see whats going on.

• 1 month later...

Nothing to do with that jim.

Mostly its due to over use. water ways being contaminated and turbidity is a problem.

the trails up there are pretty safe. the biggest problem is people with non capable rigs trying to go places they can't.

when you were up there i gurantee you didn't even hit 5% of the trails.

so, whats going to happen is all trails that have XXX (don't know the exact number) of elevation gain over a certain distance will be closed (erosion). all trails that have water crossings will be closed or have a proper hard bed put in to stop the turbidity.

In addtion there will be a proper staging area, the lower lot will probably be closed. and eventually a proper camp ground.

If you sign up on NW-wheelers. com you can find out whats going on. However, be carefull on that site there is a lot of BS and drama.

wade through the BS and you'll see whats going on.

It sounds like they are doing good things with it. It just sucks that they are going to keep it down for so long...