96-04 Pathfinders

Are the 96-04 pathfinders a uni-body truck, or do they have a frame? Do they have the same rear suspension as the older pathfinders?

They're unibody and have a similar but different rear suspension

Most parts are not interchangeable

You could have figured this out by visiting the Nissan Pathfinder wikipedia page

They're unibody and have a similar but different rear suspension

Most parts are not interchangeable

You could have figured this out by visiting the Nissan Pathfinder wikipedia page

Or by simply looking underneath...

I am trying to decide if I want to keep mine and fix it up a little, or buy a newer model. I like a manual trans, and I am afraid that will be a little hard to find.

A 5-speed R50 is not hard to find at all... Even a later year WD21 with a manual transmission is easy to find. :aok:

I may just buy a small truck to drive, and fix mine up. I really kind of like it. By the way,what is wrong with an x-terra?

Quick answer; to high COG/top heavy, rear LEAF springs, low hanging center mount gas tank, plastic trim (either breaks or is in the way, looks like crap when removed)......

• 2 weeks later...

If I can sneak in a question GG, what is wrong with rear LEAF springs?

dd: What are you towing? How many klicks, err miles on your pathie? tek is right, manual shift WD-21s are relatively easy to find.

I don't own an X but there are LOTS of guys wheeling with them quite successfully. They have a 3.3L engine so I can't see them being that much different for towing capacity than a WD21 or what am I missing there? It may depend on what you are towing, as with most vehicles, a manual transmission derates the towing capacity. They also have a super charger option if you wanted more power.

I don't own an X but there are LOTS of guys wheeling with them quite successfully. They have a 3.3L engine so I can't see them being that much different for towing capacity than a WD21 or what am I missing there? It may depend on what you are towing, as with most vehicles, a manual transmission derates the towing capacity. They also have a super charger option if you wanted more power.

the xterra with a 3.3 should actually pull better than a 3.0 pathfinder. My pathfinder is a manual, that is why I don't want to give it up.

If you're looking for something to tow with, go with a 2000-2004 with the 3.5L engine. Much better for that. (The 1996-1999 came with the 3.3L)

Automatic 5000 lbs

Manual 3500 lbs

Or if you can spend more, the 05+ Pathfinder has a 6000 lbs towing capacity, but they no longer offered a manual transmission in 05+

If you're looking for something thats easy to modify for the trails, stick to 95 or under, there's a lot more support for those. There's next to nothing for 96-04 pathfinders.

If you're looking for something to tow with, go with a 2000-2004 with the 3.5L engine. Much better for that. (The 1996-1999 came with the 3.3L)

Automatic 5000 lbs

Manual 3500 lbs

Or if you can spend more, the 05+ Pathfinder has a 6000 lbs towing capacity, but they no longer offered a manual transmission in 05+

If you're looking for something thats easy to modify for the trails, stick to 95 or under, there's a lot more support for those. There's next to nothing for 96-04 pathfinders.

I drove an 05 with a six speed manual. It was at the local stealership and they wouldn't budge on price. :thumbsdown:

I drove an 05 with a six speed manual. It was at the local stealership and they wouldn't budge on price. :thumbsdown:

Maybe it was in 2005, but it had to be a 2004 model.

this body style:

i.nissan.pathfinder.2005.04oct.jpg

were never offered in manual transmission

*** to the best of my knowledge, maybe they did something different in the USA ***