Blinker Problem

Kingman

Starting earlier this week, my blinkers cause my volts gauge needle so shift between 12-14V. 12-14-12-14-12-14, etc. It doesn't matter if the heater is on, headlights, defrost, whatever. Nothing changes with the blinkers either, the heater blows at the same pace and the headlights stay just as bright. I would think with a voltage drop that you would see/hear differences in everything electrical, but I guess not. Both blinkers do it, but the hazard lights don't make the needle move. I tested the amperage being drawn from the blinkers and it's around 6-8 amps per flash, both sides. That seems incredibly high to me. I ran it by my shop teacher and he looked at my like I was nuts. :shrug:

It doesn't seem to be hurting anything, but it just catches my attention every so often.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance...

My camaro does the same thing,never had a problem.If it is just bugging you clean up the termals on the battery to she if it helps(i dought it but at least its something to do)

Oh yeah,you could always..........

Check the fluid. :my2cents:

Mine did that until I changed the alt. Wasn't hurtign anythgin to my knolidge but the alt was starting to overcharge and gave me an excuse to do the Maxima swap. Does the turn signal fluid need changed? Not burnt or too dark?

I have an actual blinker problem.(sounds stupid already...)But blinker blinks at twice the speed, signaling (no pun intended)that a bulb is burnt. I replace the bulb, still noting. I checked the fuse, installed two other bulbs just in case the new one got jostled but still nothing. Checked the cable as far as I could see/reach all intact. and I cleaned connectors. I really dunno whats going on with this stupid blinker. If its not one thing its another RIGHT?

Goeing to guess a front one? Bad socket? Ran into it a fiew times with mine. Replaced the socket(basicly the whole back part of the lense) no issue until the next one goes. Have a test light? Make sure you got power and grond goeing to it. One last question, your not puttign in the cheap LED bulbs from Pep Boys/Advance/etc? They don't draw enough and act as a 'bad bulb'

Your blinker relay might be tripping out on you. Fast clicking indicated a burned bulb with no resistance through that circuit, you may have a good bulb but the relay isn't reading that way. Check the pins in the connector to the relay and make sure they are all good and not corroded/broken. The flasher relay is under the dash above the brake pedal. It looks like this:

HPIM0971.jpg